Chapter Ten (Bella)

Alice's eyes glaze over and she gets a far away look. That only means one thing, a vision. "What is it Alice?" Carlisle asks, jumping out of his thoughts.
"Rosalie is going to take another red pill. CARLISLE! Go upstairs NOW!" Alice screams. In less then half a second, Carlisle is gone and upstairs. I'm the first to follow because I'm a newborn and therefore the fastest. Everyone else is behind me.
When we get upstairs, I see Carlisle bent over Rosalie, trying to see if the transformation worked again. After about five minutes, Carlisle stands up with Rosalie in his arms and takes her to her bed and walks back out. He wastes no time talking.
"The transformation worked," He begins. "And then she turned back into a vampire. She then turned human again. Then she was a vampire. Now she's human." Everyone looks shocked. Emmett is the first to speak.
"W-what does this mean?" He barely manages to stutter out. Carlisle sighs. "It means I don't know. She could be human, or she could be a vampire. I think we need to get our minds off this. Bella, Jasper, Alice, and Esme. Let's go hunting. Emmett. Why don't you stay here with Rosalie?" He asks. "O-okay," Emmett says.
When we get a good distance from the house, Carlisle turns to face us. "Listen," he begins. "I have no idea what this means for Rosalie. She may very well die," he says. Everyone is silent and wearing solemn expressions.
"Carlisle," Jasper says. "You know how I feel about humans dying. I mean, I could barely handle it when Bella was pregnant with Renesmee." Alice puts a hand on his arm in a comforting way. "It's okay Jasper," Carlisle says. "Your will has gotten so much stronger and I believe in you."
Jasper gives Carlisle a skeptical look. "Jaz, listen to me," Alice tells him. "I haven't seen anything about this, but I know that you will be fine. Carlisle believes in you, I believe in you, and we all belive in you," she says confidently.
Jasper gives a nod to us all. "The most important thing we can do is pretend that nothing is wrong for Emmett's sake," Carlisle says seriously. "I have no idea if the transformation will be permanent with him, as he is much bigger and has a different DNA makeup. As long as Rosalie is in this state, we can't do anything to upset her or Emmett more than they already are." We nod before starting our hunt.
Back at the house, I see that Emmett is playing dolls with Renesmee. We got her a large doll house not long ago, and she has been obsessed with it ever since. "Hey Nessie!" I say. She looks up and smiles just like her father used to. Trying to ignore the pain in my chest, I put on an excited face. "Do you want to go see Jacob?" I ask. Her face lights up as she pushes herself off of the floor, the kind of graceful I still feel like I'm not.
We get into the car and after making sure she's buckled up, I start to drive toward the reservation. When I pull up by Billy Black's house, I remember long days spent here, drinking warm soda in the garage. I remember the night after I jumped off of the cliff, how I could have kissed Jacob and that things would be different. I wouldn't change it though because I got Renesmee out of it.
"Nessie!" Jake yells, coming out of the house. Giggling, Renesmee launches herself into his arms. I used to think the idea of imprinting on a child was weird, and now I still think it's a little strange, but I'm coming to terms with it.
Jacob hugs me too as we greet each other. We're still best friends of course, nothing can change that. We've been best friends for a long time, and when it's all said and done, that's what we were meant to be.
The day is spent playing with the dolls Renesmee brought and walking along the beach. After these stressful few weeks, I needed some time like this.