Chapter 38

CHAPTER 38

KLEIN'S POV

It's been a hell week for me and for the whole family. I never thought of this scenery. How could our parents kept this situation from me for almost a year? Though they said that it was Triv's wish not to make me worry,  mali pa rin e. He even went overboard deciding to go to California without even saying a single word before he left. Mas pinili pa niyang makasama si Rivas sa states kesa sa'kin na mismong kapatid niya. I somehow felt betrayed.

In the span of that week lagi akong nandito sa hospital, nagbabantay kay Kuya. I don't want to miss a single chance to be with him hanggat nandito pa siya. The doctor already gave his prediction that Triv will only have 2 months to live.  Halos suntukin ko yung doctor nung sinabi niya 'yon. How can he say those words?  Feeling ba niya Diyos siya? This is absurd! Everything feels so absurd!

I was also informed by Jerus na gusto akong makita ni Hillery. I should be happy right? Kasi alam kong hindi na siya galit sa'kin. I should be happy because I know she's fighting for what we have even though I'm slowly running away. But the day I was about to go and visit her, it was the same day that Triv was rushed into the hospital. Kaya hindi ako nagkaroon ng pagkakataon na bisitahin si Hillery. I know everything is my fault.  I didn't even left a single call or text message to tell her about the situation, to tell her that I am sorry.

I wanted to say everything to her, but it seems that I'm not in the right position to be the one to inform her. I wanted to be with her every single day, siya ang lakas ko, siya ang lakas ni kuya. Pero hindi ko alam kung saan ba ko dapat lumugar.

Pakiramdam ko nanghihimasok ako, ako yung walang alam, ako yung bago sa sitwasyon, ako yung pinakabagong nakilala ni Hillery pero at the same time ako yung pinakaduwag.