2.

"You're pregnant?" He asks me, his red eyes wide as he looks me over.

I nod my head at him and he grabs my hand again. I can tell he is noticeably more gentle than he already was after this news.

"Alright missy. I can't give this to you then. The best I can do is try to clean the burns and wrap them. The Kings may have something in the castle but it'll take us a couple of days to get there. I have a horse we can take. You think you can hold out until then?" He asks me as he puts the medicine back in the bottle by inserting the needle into it and pushing the trigger.

I nod at him, and he goes back into the box to get bottled water, gauze wrappings, and disinfectant. "You look like you've had a long journey so I will let you rest tonight and we can head out in the morning," he says as he pours the cool water on my hand. It feels so good against my charred skin.

"Alright, here comes the bad part. You ready?" He asks me and I squeeze my eyes shut and nod my head. He pours the disinfectant on my hand and I bit my lip to hide my screams. I bite it so hard that blood begins to trickle down my chin. He brings my hand up to his lips to blow on it and calm the burning. Once he has it to his liking he wraps it in thick layers of gauze.

He moved to my forearm next and repeats the process. The pain is just as bad in my arm as it was my hand from the disinfectant. If I wasn't positive about it, I would have thought I had bit my lip plum off. Once it is wrapped, I let out the breath I was holding and begin to pant heavy breaths.

He puts the white box back on the desk and takes the chair outside in front of the tent. "Why don't you lay down and get some rest. I will be sitting right out here all night to make sure no one messes with you," Roc says sweetly.

"Thank you..." I say to him as I lay down in the cot. I pull the blankets up to my chin and lay my hands over my womb. I have no idea if they are ok or not. And that bothers me. I want them both to be ok, despite who their fathers might be.

I tap on the bed and Sapphire comes to snuggle into my side. The wolves sleep on the floor and Bandie goes out to sit pm the other side of the tent to keep watch with Roc. I thought I would have a hard time going to sleep. But my eyes slowly drift closed and I fall asleep instantly. I was more tired than I thought from everything that has happened.

I wake up to Roc packing a small bag in the tent. I lift myself to sit up in the bed, amd struggle with the shackles to do so. Roc hears me and comes over to put his hand on my back to help me sit up.

"Sorry about the shackles love. I would get them off of you but I'd just have to reshackle you again. Besides, you must be mighty powerful for two of the fiercest Gods to put magic suppressing shackles on you," Roc says with an apologetic smile.

"I suppose," I say as I swing my legs over the side of the cot. "Thank you for letting me sleep in your bed," I tell him.

"No worries love. I actually had a good time hanging out with your Shadow Dog here. Pan will be surprised you got one of his dogs trained," he grins at me.