Chapter 15: A Fragile Sanctuary

The celebration wound down, and one by one, the team members retreated to their rooms, their laughter and banter fading into the quiet night. Soon, it was just Nomad and Lea, lingering in the dimly lit room. The tension between them had shifted, no longer driven solely by survival, but by something deeper, a connection that had been building over time.

Nomad leaned back against the worn-out couch, his gaze tracing over Lea as she moved around the room, collecting empty bottles and tidying up. She paused, catching him staring, and a small smile played on her lips. She walked over, closing the distance between them, her eyes never leaving his.

Without a word, Lea straddled his lap, her hands finding their way to the back of his neck as she leaned in, her breath warm against his skin. "You're staring," she teased, a hint of mischief in her voice.

"Can't help it," he replied, his hands settling on her waist, pulling her closer. "I've wanted this for a long time."

Lea's lips found his, and the world around them melted away. The kiss was slow and deliberate at first, as if they were savoring every second, but soon it deepened, fueled by the intensity of everything they had been through together. Nomad's hands roamed up her back, pressing her closer, and she responded in kind, her fingers tangling in his hair as they lost themselves in the moment.

They barely made it to the bed, their clothes scattered across the floor as they moved together in a rhythm that was both passionate and urgent. Lea was fierce, her confidence unshaken as she took control, guiding him with a playful yet commanding touch. Nomad met her with equal intensity, his hands and lips exploring every inch of her, their connection deepening with each shared breath and whispered promise.

Time seemed to stand still as they became lost in each other, their bodies moving in perfect harmony. They were free here, in this fragile sanctuary, unburdened by the weight of the city outside. For a while, they were just two souls finding solace in each other's arms, their bond growing stronger with each kiss, each touch.

Afterward, they lay tangled together, the soft glow of the streetlights filtering through the window. Nomad brushed a stray strand of hair from Lea's face, his fingers lingering on her cheek. She looked up at him, her eyes soft and filled with a warmth that contrasted with the hardened edge he had come to know.

"We're in this together," she whispered, her voice barely above a breath.

He nodded, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Together. Always."

They lay in silence, wrapped in each other's arms, as the night stretched on. Outside, the city continued its relentless beat, but here, in this moment, they had found a quiet refuge, a place where they could simply be.