Chapter 27: Knight's Honor

Scene 1: The Wrath of Morgrath

The atmosphere was thick with tension as Morgrath, the leader of the Obsidian Fang, stepped out of the shadows. His dark aura radiated power, and his eyes gleamed with malice as he regarded the three former friends standing before him. His cold smirk sent chills down their spines.

Morgrath (mocking, cold):
"I gave you a simple order, Auron, Darius. Kill Shadow Raven, and instead, you're standing beside her like traitors. You'll both be punished for this later."

Auron and Darius tensed, their eyes narrowing, but before they could react, Morgrath raised his hand, dark magic swirling around his fist as he turned his attention to Lyka. In an instant, he lunged forward, his magic-infused punch aimed directly at her.

Morgrath (sneering, voice dripping with venom):
"And as for you, Shadow Raven... I'll deal with you now."

The punch landed with terrifying force, sending Lyka flying backward. She crashed into the stone wall with a sickening thud, the impact shaking the ground beneath her. Auron and Darius shouted her name in unison, their voices filled with panic.

Auron & Darius (shouting in unison):
"Lyka!"

Lyka groaned, the pain coursing through her body. Her Shadow Raven robe had absorbed some of the damage, but the force of the blow left her dazed and weak. She struggled to stand, but her body refused to cooperate.

Morgrath took a step forward, a cruel smile spreading across his face as he prepared to strike again.

Morgrath (snarling):
"Pathetic. You should've known better than to challenge me."

Lyka's vision blurred, and she braced herself for the next blow, knowing she wouldn't be able to dodge in time. But before Morgrath could land his second attack, a flash of steel appeared between them.

Scene 2: Alex's Arrival

With a resounding clang, the next punch was intercepted by a sword. Alex, Lyka's loyal knight, stood in front of her, his eyes blazing with fury. His body tensed from the effort of blocking the blow, but he stood firm, refusing to let Morgrath's dark magic overwhelm him.

Alex (gritting his teeth, shouting):
"Stay away from her!"

Morgrath's eyes widened for a moment, surprised by the strength behind Alex's block. He growled, pulling back to assess this new opponent.

Morgrath (sneering, intrigued):
"And who might you be? Another one of Lusitania's pathetic lapdogs?"

Alex didn't answer immediately. He turned to glance at Lyka, who was leaning against the wall, weakened and struggling to stay conscious. His heart broke seeing her in such a state—his princess, the one he swore to protect. Tears filled his eyes, but he quickly blinked them away. His voice wavered with both anger and frustration.

Alex (softly, torn):
"Your Highness... you're an idiot. Why do you always try to do everything alone?"

Lyka's eyes fluttered open, and she looked at Alex, her lips parting slightly in surprise. Her voice was weak, barely a whisper.

Lyka (softly):
"Alex..."

Alex turned back to face Morgrath, his resolve hardening. He tightened his grip on the photon sword—the weapon Lyka had crafted specifically for him. It pulsed with magical energy, glowing with different elements, ready to be unleashed.