Chapter 32: The Magic Academy and a New Beginning

Scene 1: Time Skip – Four Years Later

Four years had passed since Lyka saved her friends from the darkness of Eldoria. Now 18 years old, she had grown into a capable, powerful young woman—both feared and respected for her magical prowess. Yet, despite all her knowledge, her parents still insisted that she attend the Royal Magic Academy in the neighboring kingdom of Valoria, a close ally of Lusitania.

Lyka stood in front of her parents, arms crossed, a playful pout on her lips.

Lyka (whining, with a teasing tone):
"Father, Mother, I really don't need to go to school. I know everything already!"

Queen Alicia smiled firmly, but there was a twinkle of warmth in her eyes as she responded.

Queen Alicia (firmly, but lovingly):
"No buts, Lyka. Just because you're smart doesn't mean you can skip out on formal education. It's important for you to experience academy life."

King Elric chuckled at his daughter's dramatic expression, patting her on the shoulder.

King Elric (smiling):
"Plus, it'll be good for you to meet new people. You can't stay cooped up in Lusitania forever, my little mage."

Lyka sighed but couldn't argue. Suddenly, her eyes lit up with an idea, and she grinned mischievously.

Lyka (grinning brightly):
"Fine, I'll go... but only if Mira comes with me!"

Queen Alicia exchanged a glance with King Elric. Mira, who had been quietly standing by Lyka's side, blinked in surprise.

Mira (blushing slightly):
"M-me? Attend the academy with you?"

Queen Alicia (nodding with a smile):
"Of course, Mira will go with you. She's more than just your maid—she's like a big sister. It'll be good to have her with you."

Lyka's face lit up with excitement. She jumped and clapped her hands together.

Lyka (excitedly):
"Mira and me, together! Yay! Okay, I'll go!"

Mira smiled softly, happy to see Lyka's joy, though inwardly she was a little nervous about attending a prestigious academy filled with nobles. Still, she couldn't refuse Lyka when she was so excited.

Scene 2: The Motorcycle Mishap

The day of their departure arrived. While King Elric, Queen Alicia, and Mira waited by the royal carriage, Lyka came racing toward them—on her latest invention. The engine roared as she pulled up in front of them, sitting proudly on a sleek, two-wheeled contraption.

Mira's eyes widened in shock, while King Elric and Queen Alicia stared in disbelief.

Mira (stunned, blinking):
"L-Lyka... what is that?"

Lyka hopped off the motorcycle, looking quite pleased with herself. She patted the seat proudly.

Lyka (grinning, proudly):
"It's called a motorcycle! It's way faster than the carriage. We could ride this to the academy instead!"

Queen Alicia put a hand to her mouth, clearly concerned. King Elric, on the other hand, looked bewildered.

King Elric (scratching his head, confused):
"A... motorcycle? I've never seen anything like this before."