Chapter 18: A Knight's Village

Scene 1: The Morning Panic

The sun rises gently over Lusitania, casting warm light over the palace. Inside, Alex is in full panic mode. He stands outside Lyka's room, knocking frantically on the door.

Alex (anxious, knocking):
"Your Hi—Lyka? Are you in there?"

He knocks again, but there's no answer. His heart skips a beat, worry spreading across his face. As her knight, his first duty is to protect her, but how can he protect her when she's disappeared?

Just as he's about to call for more help, Mira strolls down the hallway with a smirk on her face, clearly amused by Alex's frantic state. She leans casually against the doorframe, arms crossed.

Mira (teasing):
"Relax, Sir Knight. She's not in trouble."

Alex whirls around to face her, his voice a mix of relief and confusion.

Alex (surprised):
"Mira! Where is she? I can't find her anywhere!"

Mira chuckles and motions for him to follow.

Mira (grinning):
"Follow me, worried knight. She's in the training room—been up for hours."

Alex breathes a sigh of relief and follows Mira through the castle hallways. When they reach the training room, they find Lyka in the middle of a dazzling display of magic. She stands at the center of the room, focused and powerful, surrounded by shimmering six-layered magic circles.

Her once-limited mana now flows effortlessly, glowing brighter and more intense than ever. Both Mira and Alex pause in awe as they watch her.

Mira (whispering, amazed):
"She's grown stronger again... Look at her."

Alex's eyes widen as he watches Lyka channeling her magic with perfect precision. He's never seen someone handle magic with such grace and power—especially not someone as young as Lyka.

Suddenly, Lyka notices them watching. With a flick of her hand, the magic circles dissipate, and the room falls quiet. She looks up, smiling softly, a bead of sweat trickling down her face.

Lyka (grinning):
"Mira? Alex? What brings you two here?"

Alex, still overwhelmed by the display of power, stands stiffly at attention.

Alex (formally, but nervous):
"Your Highness—"

Before he can finish, Lyka's playful gaze locks onto him, and she raises an eyebrow. He instantly corrects himself, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Lyka (teasing, but firm):
"Alex, come on. Just Lyka. We're friends, remember?"

Mira chuckles from the side, unable to resist adding her own teasing comment.

Mira (grinning):
"Now, little Lyka, time to take a bath."

Lyka tilts her head, confused.

Lyka (puzzled):
"A bath? Why? Did my parents call for me again?"

Mira smirks, stepping closer and wrinkling her nose exaggeratedly.

Mira (teasing, with a playful grin):
"No, little magician. You stink. You've been sweating all morning."

Lyka sniffs herself, and her eyes widen in realization. She scrunches her nose with a dramatic groan.