Chapter 21: Memories of Another Life

Scene 1: Waking Up After the Battle

The soft rays of sunlight peek through the large windows of Lyka's room in the Lusitania Castle, bathing the room in a warm, golden light. It's been three days since the intense battle with Auron and Darius, and Lyka has remained unconscious, recovering from the immense strain of using a six-layered magic circle for the first time.

As Lyka slowly opens her eyes, blinking away the haze of sleep, the first thing she sees is Mira sitting by her bedside, her face full of worry. The moment Lyka stirs, Mira's eyes widen in shock, and without warning, she throws herself onto the bed, wrapping Lyka in a tight hug.

Mira (tearfully, voice trembling):
"Lyka! You're finally awake! I was so worried!"

Lyka chuckles softly, still feeling weak but comforted by Mira's warmth.

Lyka (smiling weakly):
"I'm okay, Mira... just needed a bit of rest."

Mira pulls back slightly, her tear-filled eyes quickly shifting from relief to frustration as she begins to scold Lyka.

Mira (scolding, but still emotional):
"'A bit of rest'? You almost killed yourself out there! Pushing yourself that far, using magic you weren't ready for! Do you have any idea how scared I was?"

Lyka winces a little at Mira's intensity, but she can't help smiling. Even in moments like this, Mira's concern is heartwarming.

Lyka (grinning):
"I'm sorry, Mira. I didn't mean to make you worry."

Mira sighs dramatically, releasing Lyka and crossing her arms as she shakes her head.

Mira (half-teasing, half-serious):
"Well, next time you decide to take on a whole army by yourself, maybe give me a heads-up, okay?"

Before Lyka can reply, there's a soft knock at the door, and Alex enters the room. His usual calm demeanor has a hint of relief as he sees Lyka awake. He steps forward, bowing respectfully.

Alex (warmly, with a small smile):
"Lyka, I'm glad to see you're awake. The King and Queen have been worried about you. They're coming to visit soon."

Lyka nods, her heart warming at the thought of her adoptive parents caring so much about her well-being.

Lyka (smiling):
"Thank you, Alex. I'll be ready to see them."

Mira, always quick to tease, nudges Lyka playfully.

Mira (smirking):
"Maybe don't try to impress them by getting out of bed too quickly, though. You're still recovering."

The room fills with soft laughter, the tension from the battle slowly giving way to the comfort of friendship and care.

Scene 2: Elara's Visit

As the days pass, Elara makes frequent visits to check on Lyka. She has been busier than usual, helping her father with their growing trade business. Often, she travels to the palace to get approvals from the King and Queen for their products, but every time she's there, she makes a point of visiting Lyka.

One afternoon, as Lyka sits by the window, staring out at the peaceful view of the palace gardens, Elara arrives with a soft knock on the door. She steps inside, a warm smile on her face.

Elara (softly, approaching Lyka):
"How's our little magician doing today?"

Lyka turns, smiling brightly at the sight of her best friend.