-||Chapter Nineteen||-

Yeosang
"Do I have to lose you too?"

Yeosang took a deep breath as he finished bandaging the patient's arm, the sterile scent of antiseptic filling the air. Just as he was about to check the vitals, the emergency bells blared, echoing ominously through the hallways. His heart raced; he quickly exited the room, instinctively following the sound of chaos as medics rushed past him, their faces a mix of urgency and fear.

He sprinted toward the stairwell, ascending to the second floor where the commotion grew louder. As he reached the landing, the sight that met his eyes was horrifying. Several doctors were cornered, struggling against a group of zombies that had somehow infiltrated the hospital. Among them, he spotted Molly, her face determined yet terrified as she hurled medication bottles at the creatures, trying to keep them at bay.

Yeosang's stomach churned with shock as he watched one of the zombies lunge forward and bite Molly. Time seemed to freeze; he felt a cold wave of dread wash over him. Dk, a fellow doctor, caught his eye and shouted, "Run! Get out of here!" The urgency in Dk's voice broke through Yeosang's paralysis, and he turned on his heel, adrenaline surging as he sprinted back toward the stairwell.

Just as he reached the staircase, he could hear the growls of the zombies getting closer, their guttural sounds sending chills down his spine. He pushed the door closed behind him, barricading it as best as he could. The sound of pounding footsteps and frantic voices filled the air as the protectors arrived, led by San and Changbin. They moved with precision, quickly assessing the situation and springing into action.

Yeosang watched in a mix of horror and awe as San and Changbin coordinated their team, dismantling the zombie threat with ruthless efficiency. Each protector moved fluidly, wielding makeshift weapons and using their training to combat the encroaching horde. Yeosang felt a surge of hope; these protectors were their last line of defense. As the chaos unfolded, he knew that this was just the beginning of a nightmare they would have to face together.

With the barricade holding for now, Yeosang turned back to the scene, his mind racing. He couldn't just stand by while his colleagues were in danger. He spotted a few medical supplies scattered around the floor, remnants of the frantic struggle. Gathering his courage, he dashed towards them, grabbing a couple of syringes filled with sedatives. If he could get close enough, maybe he could help subdue a few of the zombies.

Just then, the door he had barricaded started to shake violently. The zombies were relentless, and he could hear their snarls mixed with the panicked shouts of his fellow doctors. Yeosang's heart pounded in his chest as he realized the barricade might not hold for long. He turned to Dk, who was trying to fend off a zombie with a metal tray. "We need to get everyone to safety! We can't let them break through!"

Dk nodded, his face grim. "We have to create a distraction. If we can draw them away from the entrance, we might be able to get to the emergency exit."

Yeosang felt a surge of determination. "I'll help you. We just need to be quick and smart about this." They quickly devised a plan, using the supplies around them to create a makeshift barrier and a distraction. Yeosang handed Dk a few syringes filled with sedatives, hoping they could use them effectively.

As the protectors continued to battle the zombies, Yeosang and Dk moved stealthily towards the nearest group of zombies. They held their breath, waiting for the right moment to strike. When a loud crash echoed from the far end of the hallway, the zombies turned, momentarily distracted. Seizing the opportunity, Yeosang and Dk rushed forward, using the sedatives to incapacitate the nearest zombies.

The plan worked better than they had hoped. With the zombies momentarily subdued, they quickly ushered the remaining doctors toward the emergency exit, their hearts racing as they moved. The sound of the protectors battling the remaining zombies echoed behind them, a reminder of the danger that still lurked within the hospital walls.