-||Chapter Five||-

Mingi
"For you, I'd steal stars."

As soon as he was let off patrol he ran to the medical hall, greeted by the aroma of drugs and alcohol which burned into his nose as he shoved his way through the crowds of people. He headed towards base three and the first door to the left, bay one.

His pockets made a chain chingle as he lifted the key from it and held it into the door, quickly opening it. He shoved it back in his pocket along with many other things, gifts and small things that he'd found for Yunho.

The curtains were drawn back with a reckless attitude, a tall frame of a nurse was wobbling around the room. He wasn't facing the door but Mingi knew there was something wrong. Mingi watched the nurse as he spun his head. His eyes pure with white, his mouth, a bruised black. He later recognised him as Dr Kennedy, his former tutor back in college.

"Kennedy? Are you.. okay?" He asked, the only thing he received was a grumble. Kennedy turned his body fully, revealing a gaping wound dragging from his chest to his hip bone. Mingi's eyes widened as Kennedy charged at him, a growl trailing longingly for flesh. He yelled out as he ran towards the hallway, pushing himself out but quickly closing the door behind him. The thud of Kennedy's body against the door echoed and everyone turned to him. "He's infected!"

Through the door window, hands slapped violently as blood splattered along the glass. Mingi stared at the biting mouth with shock, trying to keep it inside of him. His eyes watered as he shoved himself against the door, the blood on the door scraped drown and he lost vision of Kennedy until a shatter made him jump. The window smashed and Kennedy was trying to grab him, Mingi smacked at his arm.

"Quick, Everyone evacuate this base." Someone called out and the patients who lingered in the halls turned to the doors, quickly pushing themselves out in an orderly fashion. The voice appeared with a few more people who wore guard uniforms, mainly just extra padding on their limbs and guns in their hands.

A hand gripped tightly onto Mingi's shoulder, his mouth hovering over his neck but he couldn't reach. The lashing of his was hopeless, Mingi tried pushing him off but he couldn't.

The door rattled behind Mingi as he pushed himself up against it, groans and shouting escaped from the small holes of the door. A finger poking through occasionally. Mingi panicked as a guard pulled him behind them, releasing the deadly grip. He watched as the door opened, revealing the angered zombie.

Kennedy lashed out towards one of them but was quickly put to a stop by a bullet which landed clean into his head. Mingi flinched at the gun shot, he watched as Kennedy fell to the ground.

"Are you okay?" One asked, turning to him. Her face was pure and kind, a glow of worry washing over her. He nodded subtly, keeping one eye on Kennedy. He felt a sense of loss over him, he knew that man. "What were you doing down here? You should be upstairs." She said, waving a finger in the air.

"I was visiting a friend, Yunho. Where is he?" He mumbled, his breath barely catching up to him. His mind was fuzzy with Kennedy's face printed onto it.

"Base One. Taken there earlier for some reason." The other one next to him chirped and was instantly silenced by the woman.

"He's recovering, a few days or so and he'll be as good as he can be." She smiled weakly, turning her head back to Kennedy who was being pulled away by a guard and towards the disposal room, Room seven. "You should get out of here. Base one, second room and bay six."

"Thank you." He mumbled, the stench of rotten flesh now pierced the hallway. He held his breath as he turned away, he slowly made his way down and towards the stairs. He climbed up them, still trying to capture what just happened. He reached base one and the smell of drugs cleared, replaced by a thick cloud of cleanness.

"Ah, Mingi!" A cheerful voice echoed throughout the empty hall, Mingi spun around to see the speaker. It was Yeosang, his face was panicked yet a smile still formed upon it. "Your blood?"

"No. He's dead.." he quickly spoke, Yeosang squinted ever so slightly. "He was infected."

"Do you think I can take some of it? I need it for research." He smiled once again. Mingi's mind eased, he nodded. "Great."

"Do you know where Yunho is? I've been looking for him." Yeosang nodded, he was now just in front of him and they both started walking down the sparse hallway. No drugged smells or anything, everything was clean.

They turned to another hallway and into the second room, the vibrant blue striped along the walls which felt suffocating. Like they wrapped around him, the beds were filled with people, everyone asleep. The two made it to bay six, Yunho was fast asleep.

"How is he?" Mingi asked, looking at him with worry. He took his hand to Yunho's face as he sat down beside him on the bed, the shallow rising of his chest made him slightly more relaxed.

"I've given him some painkillers and treated his wounds, a few days and he can go back to his mechanics." Yeosang cheered, a hand laid on his shoulder. Mingi brushed his hands through Yunho's blonde hair gently, a twitch coming from him.

"So he's not infected?" He asked, looking at his closed eyes which blinked sometimes as his eyebrows turned with some twitches.

"Surprisingly not," Yeosang smiled, "He's twitching because of the painkiller, it makes some people crash out after a few doses but he should be fine. Give him an hour or so." He took his hand away from his shoulder.

Mingi watched every facial expression that Yunho pulled, his fingers gripping hold of the bed sheets and then softened like nothing happened. Mingi smiled gently as he retracted his hand away from his hair, longing to touch it once again.

"I've got to take care of another now, Jongho, you may know him?" Yeosang nodded, stepping away from the two.

"Oh I know him alright." A small chuckle followed, "I'm surprised he was even allowed to fight."

"What, is he a coward or something?" Yeosang joked.

"Far from. He's a psycho," Ming muttered, turning his head to Yeosang who stood just a little away from him. He was holding a clipboard. "He's kind though. A good kid."

"A psycho can't be a good person, Mingi. No matter how hard they try." Yeosang mumbled, his tone turned serious ever so slightly and the conversation died into a small debate.

"You'll see." Mingi smiled, returning his gaze to Yunho. He dug something out of his pocket, a large ring of metal which flopped neatly in his hand. He put it to Yunho's wrist and clipped it around it, the metal dangling ever so slightly from his skin. Mingi smiled with satisfaction and put his hand down onto Yunho's hair again, brushing it through his fingers as he looked down at the bracelet he had just made.