-||Chapter Eight||-

San
"The eyes of a soldier."

San woke up, the cold wind rushing throughout the tent. The morning rays blinded him as he opened his eyes, he's never slept so well since the outbreak. He sat up in his bed, everyone was asleep. Jongho was back and so was Yeosang.

He looked over to his right, an empty bed. Seongwha's empty bed. He groaned with annoyance as he stood up and made his bed. The sheets were dirty but still usable, they didn't really have any sources to wash these types of things anyway. Only clothes and blood stained things.

"Where are you going?.." a voice grumbled from the bed opposite him, it was Wooyoung. His red hair was a mess and his eyes were dark, San smiled.

"Seongwha hasn't come back." He mumbled, "I'm going to look for him."

Wooyoung nodded and slumped his head back down which made San smile even more, he turned for the tent's opening and tugged it to the side. The morning hit him straight in the eyes, birds singing with rhythm throughout the camp. San was glad to see that some form of life still remained outside the camp's borders.

He made his way to the main hall, looking around and peering into tents as he went by. He didn't trust Seongwha one bit but he had to, he's of some importance to be in his tent. He reached the hall's doors. They were locked.

He turned back, this time heading to the medical hall. He spotted a familiar figure reel a bed by the side of the entrance.

"Molly?" He asked and she turned, "I haven't seen you in so long, how's it going?"

"The best it can be, good to see you." She smiled, letting go of the bed and pushing it towards a few others which were piled up in the corner. "What can I do for you?"

"Have you seen a guy called Seongwha?" San asked. Her face dropped with seriousness.

"He's still in camp?" She spoke, her volume was shallow but enough for San to hear. "Well, last time I saw him, he was here. He seemed odd."

"Odd?"

"Yeah, like, he was struggling to walk. He was going to the bay where he was situated yesterday, the disposal room." She smiled, "You know where that is?"

San nodded, his eyes shifting to inside the hall. There was barely anyone there.

"There was an infection yesterday, they've all been taken to their tents for the time being. Seongwha is probably at his tent."

"He's not." San explained with a little worry, he shouldn't be worried about him. He doesn't understand him at all. His wounds healed almost immediately once he came in and his eyes looked like the monsters which roamed outside. "I'll go see whether he's in the disposal room."

She nodded with a nervous smile, which San couldn't understand why. He walked slowly down the hall, it was surprisingly dark even with the lights on and it being day. He reached the stairs and climbed up them.

The second floor stank of rotten flesh, the stench washing over San like a fever. He grumbled a little as he made his way to the disposal room which sat at the end of the hall. He heard groans and a ripping noise, one which San felt sick to. He reached for the door handle and opened it slowly.

It was dark, the shimmer of metal barely visible as there were no windows in this room. San sighed, he looked for the switch and flicked it on. To his horror, he found many dead beings scattered on the floor. Each and every single one of them were torn apart from the inside out, guts and blood spewing out on the floor. He looked up from the sight and noticed a figure in the distance, he appeared to be leaning over a cart of what looked like limbs. The ripping noise finally made sense.

"Hello?" San asked, passing the bodies which were decapitated and inhumane. He looked at the figure, white hair with a few stains of blood on the tips of it. "What the fuck?"

He heard a shallow grumble from the figure, he pulled his head up from the cart. A hand in his mouth, blood spilling slowly from the bite marks of the limb. His face came into light, San jumped back with panic. It was Seongwha.

He stared with panic, his eyes black with a grey iris. He looked sick. San tightened his hands into fists, he closed in on him. The blood seeped from his mouth and all San wanted to do was shoot the guy. However, Seongwha didn't attack. He only backed away, his bloody hands shaking as he reached out as if trying to stop him. San swallowed a clump of saliva.

"Please.." he heard him mumble, his eyes tightening as he shook with panic. The hand dropped to the floor. "I'm not a.. a threat.."

"Your a fucking monster like them, Ofcourse you're a threat!" San exclaimed, he grabbed hold of the cart which he stood next to. The rattle of used syringes made both him and Seongwha shake. He held one in his hand, facing it at him. "We can't trust you."

"I'm not a monster!.." Seongwha begged, shaking his head. His mouth still spilling with the flesh and blood of the dead ones on the floor. "I'm not like them!."

"You're eating human flesh, Seongwha." San muttered, "you are a monster."

"I am not," Seongwha shouted, his voice hoarse and raspy. Sans eyes widened with a slight fear travelling through him. "I never wanted to eat them. It was either them or you." He spoke, somehow San felt sympathy for him. He didn't know why. "Please."

"How long?" San asked, the syringe needle lowered ever so slightly. Seongwha took a step backwards, "how long have you been bitten?"

"Ever since the outbreak.." he mumbled, his shaky hands finally lowering. San sighed. He didn't want to deal with this. "Yeosang knows.."

"Yeosang?" San chuffed, "why didn't he send you out?"

"Because I was requested to stay here by Hongjoong!" He explained, San squinted his eyes at him. "I don't want to hurt anyone."

There were panicked tears in Seongwha's eyes, the veins around his mouth seemed to have loosened as he stared down at the hand which was gnawed to the bone. He placed a hand on his mouth, San watched with silence, unable to figure out what to do.

"I didn't mean to.." he said, San dropped the syringe which clink on the ground gathered his attention. He sighed.

"Who and whatever you are, you are a monster. Whether you like it or not." He spat, anger which was powered by fear ran through him. "I don't want to see you like this ever again. Or that syringe will be the last thing you fucking feel in your dead heart." Seongwha nodded with panic. He held his hands to his chest, almost like he was feeling his heart beat slowly.

"I'm sorry.."

"Get out of here, Go shower and talk to Hongjoong, figure out why you are here." Seongwha left no time to spare as he ran out of the room. San could've thrown up at the smells and sight which progressively had gotten worse. How could one man have done that in under five or so hours?