-||Chapter Twenty Eight||-

San
"I want to go back in time and see him again. Is that too much to ask?"

San paced back and forth in the dimly lit room, his heart pounding like a drum in his chest. The air was thick with tension, and he could feel the weight of impending doom pressing down on him. "Wooyoung," he said, his voice trembling, "I need you to promise me something."

Wooyoung looked up from where he was sitting, a frown creasing his forehead. "What is it, San? You're scaring me."

San stopped in his tracks, running his fingers through his hair in frustration. "I'm serious! You have to promise me that if I get bitten, if I turn into... whatever those things are, you'll live for me. You won't give up, no matter what."

"San, don't talk like that!" Wooyoung exclaimed, standing up and moving closer to him. "You're not going to get infected. We're being careful. We're sticking together, remember?"

But San shook his head vehemently, panic rising within him. "You don't understand! I can feel it! It's like it's creeping closer every day. I can't shake this feeling that I'm going to get infected. I need to know that you'll be okay if that happens."

Wooyoung stepped forward, grabbing San's shoulders firmly. "Listen to me. You're not going to get infected. You're strong, and we're going to get through this together. You have to believe that!"

San's breath hitched as he pulled at his hair, the anxiety bubbling over. "But what if I do? What if I wake up one day and I'm not me anymore? I can't let that happen to you! I can't let you face that alone!"

"San, please!" Wooyoung implored, his voice rising with urgency. "You're not going to turn into one of them. We've fought too hard to let fear take over. You have to trust me, okay? You're still you, and you're going to stay that way."

San's eyes were wide with fear, tears threatening to spill over. "I can't just sit here and pretend like it won't happen! I can feel it in my bones, Wooyoung! I can't lose you. You have to promise me!"

Wooyoung's grip tightened as he searched San's face, trying to find the right words to calm him. "Alright, alright. I promise. If anything were to happen, I will live for you. I'll keep fighting, no matter what. But you have to promise me that you'll stay strong and keep fighting too. We're in this together."

San let out a shaky breath, the panic still simmering beneath the surface but feeling a little more manageable. "You really mean it?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Of course I do," Wooyoung replied, his eyes softening. "You're my everything, San. I won't let you go without a fight."

With those words, a small flicker of hope ignited within San. He took a step back, trying to collect himself. "Okay, okay. I'll try. But promise me you'll stay close. I can't do this without you."

"I'm not going anywhere," Wooyoung assured him, pulling San into a tight embrace. "We'll get through this together, I promise." As they stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, San could feel the warmth of Wooyoung's presence grounding him. "Are you hungry?"

San looked up, a hint of surprise in his eyes. "Actually, I am."

"Let's head to the hall and grab something to eat," Wooyoung suggested, already standing up and stretching his arms. "I could go for some of that spicy chicken they have today."

San chuckled, nodding in agreement. "Sounds perfect. Let's go."

The two friends made their way through the hallways, the sound of their footsteps echoing softly against the walls. As they entered the bustling hall, the aroma of various dishes wafted through the air, making their mouths water. Wooyoung's eyes lit up as he scanned the food options.

"Wow, it's busier than I thought," San remarked, his gaze drifting over the crowd. "I hope they have enough food left."

Just as they approached the counter, they spotted Jongho standing there, looking a bit flustered as he juggled two trays piled high with food. Wooyoung raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Jongho! What's with the two trays?"

Jongho turned, a sheepish smile spreading across his face. "Oh, hey! I'm just getting dinner for myself and Yeosang."

San's expression shifted to concern. "Is Yeosang not feeling well?"

"Yeah," Jongho replied, his tone turning serious. "He caught a nasty stomach infection and hasn't been able to eat much. He threw up the things he did eat. I thought I'd bring him something hearty to help him feel better."

San nodded, understanding the weight of Jongho's words. "What did you get him?"

"I got him some soup and rice, plus a few side dishes. He loves the kimchi here, so I had to grab some of that too," Jongho explained, glancing at the trays with a hint of pride. "I just want to make sure he gets enough nutrients to recover quickly."

San smiled gently, touched by Jongho's kindness. "I'm sure Yeosang will appreciate it."

"Thanks! I just hate seeing him like this," Jongho admitted, his eyes softening. "He's usually so full of energy. It's hard to see him down."

Wooyoung chimed in, "Well, if you need any help with him later, just let us know. We can keep him company or help out however we can."

"Yeah, definitely," San added. "We'll make sure he feels better in no time."

Jongho's expression brightened at their support. "That would be awesome. I'll make sure to let you know. For now, I think I should get this food back to him before it gets cold."

"Good luck!" Wooyoung called as Jongho started to make his way out of the hall.

Once Jongho was gone, Wooyoung turned to San, a playful glint in his eye. "Now, about our food..."

"Right! Let's get something before it runs out!" San laughed, and they stepped up to the counter.