-||Chapter Nine||-

Jongho
"But Alice, this is not wonderland."

-the outbreak-

Jongho's eyes blinked open, the radio crackled with old music as he slowly sat up from his bed. He was surprised the rusty old thing still worked, the signal was a bit dead but he found any station he could on it. This one being the best.

He rubbed his eyes and yawned, pulling himself out of the covers so he sat up at the end of his bed. He looked over at the tv, reaching for the remote and turning it on. He flicked through the channels until he saw The News.

"There has been a mysterious virus spreading through a hospital recently, we are gathering more information from it as this podcast continues. We are advising everyone to stay in quarantine for the time being, please do not hesitate to call us if anything seems odd around hospitals."

He never really liked watching the news, something bad always happening in the world. Like this. Just this one time..

"It appears that the Virus originated from a lab close to the hospital, symptoms of this are rashes and lack of hydration. It can also cause hunger and starvation even if we just ate. Thank you for putting up with the lack of information.."

He turned it off. He didn't want More things to stress about, college was enough. The radio crackled further and the channel seemed to have switched. He stared in confusion. Creeped out from the change in channels.

"They... seem to be... biting people!.." cracks of the channel echoed through his room. "It's... spreading by... bites.. Hey! Get off..." then it was silent, the lights in his room flickered off. He reached in his pocket for his phone, he looked at the top. No service.

The heck is going on? He pushed himself off his bed and rushed towards the window. Cars driving recklessly and crashing into one another. People fighting each other whilst others were on roofs. Children screaming for their loved ones as they scrambled along the ground. He turned for his bedroom door and out towards the front door, slipping on his trainers as he went. He walked out onto the road to see Many people yelling and begging to get in others cars.

He looked across the road. A woman was screaming from her porch opposite his house. She held onto a post for dear life. He quickly ran over. Dodging cars and people.

"You okay? What's going on?" He asked, grabbing her gently by the arm as she spun her head towards him, he withdrew his hand from the sight. Her left eye was nowhere to be seen under a mass amount of blood, even her mouth seeped the red liquid.

"Zombies! We're all going to die! All of us.. you.. me... Everyone!" Her voice wobbled as he clutched onto Jongho's sleeve, pulling him closer. "They're going to eat us.. every single one of us! We have to hide!" He pushed her grip off him. Even he was panicking. Zombies? Like, The walking dead? No, that's just a tv series, right? It can't become real.

He turned away and sprinted towards his house again, the woman screaming after him but was put to a stop as a car swerved into her. A deafening scream that made Jongho stop. a car screeched as it stopped dead in front of him. A man cursed from inside it, quickly pulling away and continuing down the mangled road.

He opened his door and ran to his room, he grabbed a baseball bat and a backpack. He went over towards the radio and turned it off, shoving it into the bag. He headed to his kitchen, grabbing every single thing he could find and fit in the bag. He gently placed a brown plush teddy bear which already looked like it went through an apocalypse.

He stormed back out and towards his car, quickly opening it and turned the engine on. He looked out the side mirrors, some people fighting as a man fell to the ground. Jongho watched closely at the scene. Another man, stumbling toward the one that was on the ground who backed away, Jongho's eyes widened as he grabbed his bat and hopped out. Slamming the door shut just in case anyone tried stealing it.