-||Chapter Thirty Six||-

Yunho
"Will you rot with me?"

"Mingi!" Yunho shouted, a strain in his voice as he chased after mingi, "come back!" He could hear the distant shouts of San behind him. He couldn't leave Mingi, even if it meant death.

The gun rattled in his pocket as he turned a corner, hitting the wall harshly but he continued to follow him. What was he even doing with his life?

Mingi stopped, looking back. His eyes were a fading shock, tears pouring down his face. He turned back around and darted into a small room, yunho shouted after him as he entered. Mingi ran into the corner, his hands clawing at his sides as if he were trying to fight off the infection.

Yunho looked around the cold room, his deep breaths showing in the air. He held the gun tightly in his hand as he locked the door shut. He looked back at Mingi who sat down, tears streaming down his face.

"Mingi? We'll fix it, I promise." He mumbled as he turned his body to face him, shaking from the coldness of the room. He walked over to Mingi and sat down next to him.

"You need to go.. not me." He spoke, his voice cutting out slightly as he looked down at himself. Yunho followed his eyes and looked at him. "I don't want to hurt you." he shuddered through the cold.

Yunho stared at his wrist and there the bite wound was, black veins wriggled out of it like worms. Blood slowly seeped out of it. His eyes widened as he led the gun down and pulled Mingi's face to meet his.

"I'm not leaving. Not if you aren't. We'll be alright.." He mumbled, his eyes watering as Mingi looked into his eyes. "I said till death didn't I? That means I'm with you till the end." He put their foreheads together as they both began crying, "if I die with you.. that's all that matters in the end."

"No.. you need to go, yun.. please." Mingi cried, clinging onto his arms as he twitched a little. Mingi closed his eyes.

"I'm not leaving without you.. if you die, I die.." mingi went silent for a small while, shaking at his grip. Yunho held his breath as Mingis eyes rolled back for a second.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't want to end it like this. I don't want to be a zombie." Mingi muttered, "I'm sorry we couldn't survive, and go to the beach, and live our fucking life's."

"It's not your fault. You saved Wooyoung," Yunho smiled, tears pouring down both their faces.

"Why can't this be a nightmare?" Mingi asked, his voice wobbling. "Can't we just wake up?"

"We will, Mingi." Yunho smiled, his eyes blurred as he looked at Mingi's eyes. "We will wake up from this, I promise."

"Shoot me when I turn, will you? I don't want to be a zombie.. please. I don't want to bite you.." Mingis voice wavered as he clenched his hand into a fist, as if he were trying to fight it off. "I love you, Yunho.."

"I love you too Mingi.. And I hope I do in every universe.." He mumbled as he saw Mingi's eyes roll backwards fully, his body twisting and twitching. Yunho grabbed hold of the gun, his hands shaking as he held it to Mingi's head. his mouth opened for a bite. "I'm so sorry.. please forgive me.." he pulled the trigger.

Bang.

Mingi's body became still, resting against Yunho who held onto him as if he were a baby. Cradling his head in his arms as he kissed his hair. Mingi's blood stained his shirt a little. "I'm sorry, Mingi.. I wanted us to live. I should've brought the damn radio.. it's all my fault..." his voice wobbled and his hands shook in the cold breeze of the room. He looked down at the gun, tears from his eyes dropping onto it. He smiled weakly through his tears. He raised it to his chin, he closed his eyes shut tightly. Mingi.. "In another universe.. I'll love you in every universe."

Bang.