Chapter V

Chapter V
The Reception

-KASSIE-

As I looked at my reflection on the full mirror, I couldn't help but smile as I admired myself – I am not as confident as other women, I am full of insecurities, but for this day, the joy within my heart overpowered those insecurities. I then took my phone and snapped a few pictures of myself to keep as memories before going out of the hotel room.

My eyes immediately focused on Richard, standing across the doorway with a sincere smile on his face.

I noticed that he also did an outfit change – from the three-piece black suit, he was wearing a simple white dress shirt topped with the black coat, then paired with the dark-colored slacks that I presume were the same ones that he wore during the ceremony. His hair was neatly styled to compliment his masculine face – his jaw was defined, he had thick eyebrows, sincere eyes, a pointed nose, and glossy lips because of the lip balm.

Then flashed a smile causing the dimples on his cheeks to show.

"Did you wait long?" I asked.

He shook his head and answered, "I just got here."

"I was planning to knock on the door, but you opened it just in time," he added.

I chuckled and smiled.

"Shall we go now?" I asked, then he nodded in replied and guided me to the reception hall. I almost jumped when I felt his hand on the back of my waist.

"Trying to be a gentleman again?" I asked with a playful tone.

"I am not trying to be one... 'coz I am one," he proudly replied with a wink.

"Is that so? Then maybe that's how you worked your way with women back then." I teased.

He shook his head and let out a small laugh, "I am not the type to play around; I'm a one-woman man."

-RICHARD-

The moment we arrived at the reception venue, we were happily greeted by guests – all of them congratulated us, and we both thanked them for sparing a little of their time to attend the event.

Like the church, the venue was also decorated according to the color motif we both chose: light Blue (her choice) and white (my choice).

"I'll just go to my friends first," Kassie said.

I nodded and gently removed my hand from her waist, then watched her as she approached the direction of her friends' table.

"You've got a lovely wife, Richard," Laurenze said as he offered me a drink.

I smiled as I took the glass from him – I held it with my right hand and placed my left hand inside my pockets.

My eyes went back to look at Kassie, who was mingling with her friends. By looking at her, you can tell that she's different from other women – she's more like the 'comfortable' type of woman. She rarely styles herself – she is the embodiment of 'simplicity'.

I was taken aback when the master of ceremony called everyone's attention. I then excused myself from Laurenze and walked my way to Kassie.

I gave her friends a small smile before I leaned my lips close to her ears and whispered, "We need to go to the table."

She then looked at me and gave me a small nod as a reply before excusing herself from her friends and encircling her hand on my arm before we both walked to the table that was meant for us.

I pulled out the seat for her before making myself comfortable on the seat beside her.

"Have you talked to your friends?" I asked, and she nodded.