Chapter Thirteen - The Wolf Lurks.

Tenten closed the curtains over making it totally shut off from the outside cool village, it had gotten late and the wolf would come soon, she needed the house completely shut off. All the doors had been shut and locked, the windows closed with the thick curtains stopping and light from escaping outside. She turned around to Neji "you go sleep up in my bed, I'd give you clothes but I don't have any men's clothes."

Neji shrugged "that's no problem. I'll leave early tomorrow morning."

"Right." Tenten nodded.

"So where are you going to sleep?"

"Me? My couch." She pointed at the red couch by the table that she put a knitted blanket and pillow on, (her Grandmother knitted the blanket). Her Grandmother was always knitting her things, even the blankets up on her bed was done by her Grandmother.

Neji shook his head "no I'll sleep on the couch you sleep in your bed." He emphasized on the your turning to look at her.

Tenten shook her head "I practically shoved you in my house to stay so the least you can get is a bed to sleep in, besides I sleep in it all the time."

"That's not the point."

"Look I'm smaller than you anyway so I can sleep better in the couch."

"It's neither here nor there about who's going to sleep better, it's your bed you'll sleep in it."

Tenten sighed "why are you so stubborn?" He was a Prince, she was not going to let him sleep in an old couch. She would become such a disgrace in people's eyes if people knew she let the Prince of the White Eye kingdom sleep on her couch that also likely had some weapon making tools under it.

Neji shrugged folding his arms "because I'm just a guest."

Tenten wrinkled her nose at his stern face, he was never going to drop this, she would make sure no one knew about this. She didn't want him on her couch so if people found out she would tell them that, but she could tell he wouldn't drop it, "fine fine."

Neji's mouth then turned up into a successful smile "thank you."

"Yeah yeah." Tenten waved him off and then walked back down the wooden stairs, "I'm going to go change quickly, try not be loud." When the clock turned to eleven everyone only let out whispers, so the wolf couldn't hear them. She went to change untying the strings from her brown pulled in corset taking that off, she breathed out happily to feel a little more mobile. Even if she was a little less mobile in a corset she did adore corsets, they were pretty and made your figure good. And still she could swing her axe or use a bow and arrow as could as she could without it.

She wondered about Temari, Temari was her best friend, she was a Princess in the Kingdom of Sand. So it was a very exotic luxurious kingdom, Tenten sparred often with her whenever they visited. She met Temari when she came to her shop for a new weapon, they just clicked, even though the first spar they had she wiped the floor with Tenten.

But Temari had a 'boring' life from what she told Tenten, Temari didn't exactly adore being a Princess but didn't hate it either. It was just that sometimes being a Princess had its obstacles, Temari was a fighter- a warrior. So she did fight in battles and fights never backing down, some frowned upon it but they began to realize she was a strong warrior. The Kingdom was at first judged, but it was a new age of gender equality in fighting. Tenten was a huge fan of this. Gaara was the king, he was twenty so not very young for a King, but he was a respectable King.

Tenten walked back through and asked "do you like being a Prince?" 

Neji looked up and frowned "what do you mean?"