Chapter Thirty - The New Dream.

Ino sat in the boat smiling while Sai rowed the boat further into the waters, the land getting further away from them. Sakura and the others had left in a rush, Sakura and Ino probably would have needed to get dragged away if it wasn't for Sasuke saying that they would be late. Ino considered joining them to see the lanterns.

But she would not, Sakura understood anyway seeing Sai. The lanterns was for her and Sai, he had even found a spot for them. So she would spend the moment with him.

Ino was so overjoyed, even after two men tried to kill her. She had re-united with Sakura her best friend, even seen Sasuke Uchiha again. The one she thought she was in love with when she was a child. But she wasn't in love with Sasuke.

Ino put her elbows on her lap smiling at Sai.

Sai blinked catching her gaze, he returned a confused smile "what?" He tilted his head.

"Nothing." Ino shrugged still smiling at him.

After this she would go to the castle to see her Mother and Father again, she would finally catch-up with Sakura (who was much more womanly.) Then she would most likely be introduced to Sasuke Uchiha again, then they would announce her return to Corona. Now she knew how to go find her Mother and Father.

But another thing she had to do. Was find Shikamaru and Choji. Those two boys, probably men now. That were her best friends, they were alive somewhere so she would meet them. And she would ask if Choji dieted and if Shikamaru was still lazy. But she wouldn't even care if Choji didn't diet nor if Shikamaru thought it was troublesome.

But now wasn't the time to think about after. Now was the time to think about now. Where she was with Sai. And she would cherish every moment she had with Sai- so she pushed everything else in her mind aside then looking around as the boat slowed.

They were in the center of the water, Ino assumed it was a huge lake. A very calm one might she add, the water barely even rippling. She could see the Kingdom ahead the lights of houses dotted around, then at the very top was the Palace. The Palace she would soon be welcomed back into.

There was large ships further away closer to the Kingdom, many people on them awaiting to release the lanterns. Ino asked "so when do they release them?"

"When the King and Queen release theirs first." Sai replied.

The King and Queen, her Mother and Father. Ino nodded, "right." So she needed to watch carefully at the top of the Palace then. She rubbed her lips together nervously "what if they're not as amazing as I think they will be?"

"Why would you think they'll not be amazing?"

"Because I've dreamed about these lanterns for years. Just looking at them from a tiny window, now I'm here and I'm just worried. Terrified that they won't be everything I've dreamed of." Ino had worried about this since she left the tower.

"They will." Sai changed his seat around so he was sitting in the boat floor facing the Kingdom, "I first saw them when I was sixteen. They were amazing- beautiful in fact. I was just in awe looking at them hoping that they wouldn't float away from me. And that I could see them every day."

Ino smiled, "so if it is what I've dreamed of. What do I do then?" There was the butterflies in her stomach, helping add onto her fear. A pit in her stomach.

"Find a new dream."

Ino sucked in a breath but then nodded closing her eyes, "I guess I will." She moved from the bench and down next to Sai. She rested her arms on the edge of the boat leaning down on them. "So what's the first thing you'll do after all this?"