dix-huit

december 19th, 2013

"Ashton, where are you?" I yelled through the house. "Bathroom." He chuckled. I already had on my shoes and jacket, all ready to go.

Giggling I approached the bathroom door. "What are you doing?" He sighed. "My hair keeps falling in my face." Pouting he turned to me.

I chuckled, taking one of the three hairtyes from my wrist, handing it to him. "Here." I smiled.

"Just tie it together." He smiled amd nodded, taking the band an tying his hair up in a small bun. "Thank you, babe." He smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Now, let's go. We are already late with buying christmas presents. It's the 19th." Ashton giggled and intertwined our fingers. Stepping outside he closed the door behind us.

"Do you already have planned out what you wanna give them?" Ashton asked me when we were walking down the street. I nodded. "Yes, Michael's been talking about a guitar he wants for like half a year. We saw it at that little store down at the corner near the book store."

Ashton smiled. "That's an incredible idea, baby." He paused. "And Calum?" I nodded. "Yeah, Calum. We have to go somewhere special for that." I smirked a little. "What, like a sex shop?" Ashton giggled.

I softly hit him in the arm. "No, you idiot." Still giggling he pulled me closer. "Then where?"

I looked up at him. "The animal shelter." His eyes widened a little. "You want to.." I nodded. "Calum's been wanting a puppy for as long as I've known him." He nodded. "I know."

We entered the small corner store, looking around. "So, which one was it?" Ashton asked me, interlocking our fingers once again.

I searched around, realizing the space which the guitar was in the last time I was here, wasn't the same anymore. They'd moved it to somewhere different in the store. "There at the back."

We approached the wall where the guitar hang up on the wall, surrounded by a variety of other guitars. "The white one?" Ashton asked, admiring the beautiful instrument.

I nodded. "Mhm." A young boy approached us. "Hi, can I help you?" I, again, nodded. "Yeah, well, I'd actually like to but that." I said, gesturing up to the crisp white instrument.

"Ah, yeah. The Stagg C542, a classical acoustic guitar." He took the instrument off the wall, examining it. "It's got a basswood top and back with the sides and the fingerboard made of a solid maple bridge, nickel machine heads and a highgloss finish. Very beautiful instrument, good choice."

"How much is it?" I asked, curious. The boy turned the guitar around, looking over its back until he found a small sticky sign with the price.

"It's two-hundred and fifty-nine dollars."

"Babe, that's a lot." Ashton mumbled in my ear, wrapping his arm around my waist. "I know, but I'm still gonna get it. He's wanted it for more than half a year and even though he doesn't play as often anymore, he won't shut up about it."

"So, you're buying it?" The boy asked me. I nodded. "Great, so you can already go over to the cash register while I quickly fetch a case for this baby."

I chuckled while making my way over. A minute later the blonde boy came back, the guitar already in a case. Ashton took it while I paid.

"We just bought a white guitar, babe." Ashton chuckled as we walked back to his house, the main reason for that being the need of a car to get to the animal shelter. But we also planned on bringing the guitar home before going anywhere else.

Ashton quickly brought the instrument inside, while I waited outside, having a smoke. "Baby." He mumbled, approaching me and pressing a kiss behind my ear. "Let's go."

I finished my cigarette and threw it away, nodding and walking to the car.

"Are we really doing this?" Ashton asked, driving down the street. "Yes, we are." I giggled.

Minutes later Ashton pulled into the parking lot of the animal shelter. "Alright, let's do this." I mumbled, getting out of the car.

Ashton followed closely behind me, taking my hand and intertwining our fingers. I pushed open the door, entering the building.

Approaching the small front desk I looked around, trying to find someone that worked here. After a few seconds a tall male figure came around the corner, walking up to us.

"Hi, can I he- Fleur?" I looked up at him, gasping lightly. "Drew?" He smiled big and pulled me into his arms hugging me tightly. "I haven't seen you for years."

He loosened, looking down at me, smiling. I felt Ashton tense lightly next to me. "This is Drew, my older brother." I smiled and he calmed down almost instantly. "And that is Ashton, my boyfriend." I smiled, pulling Ashton closer.

"You two are really cute." Drew mentioned as we walked down the corridor to where all the animals were. I blushed.

"So, what exactly are you searching for?" Drew asked, opening the last door separating us from the animals. "A puppy. A pug maybe." I smiled.

"Right, I may have just the right candidate for you." Drew chuckled. "It's for a friend." I mumbled sheepishly.

"He's wanted a puppy for as long as I can think." Drew looked at me, lifting his eyebrow. "Are you talking about Calum Hood?" My eyes widened.

"You remember Calum?" Drew nodded. "Sure as hell I do." Chuckling he lead us into a room and quickly closed the door.

We were immediately surrounded by about ten little puppies, running around us in little circles. I kneeled down, playing with them.

"Babe, look." Ashton pointed to one little pug, sitting in the corner on a small pillow, alone. I slowly approached the small animal, catiously holding out my hand.

"Hey, little friend." I smiled down at the dog. "He's so cute." I beamed at Ashton. I felt a little weight on my lap and looked back down again, seeing that the little animal had climbed on my lap and laid down, looking up at me.

"We might have to come by again, I have a feeling she wants an own puppy soon." Ashton chuckled, talking to Drew. I acted as if I didn't hear the comment, though I know he was right.

"It's definitely this one, he fits Calum." I smiled big, taking the pug up in my arms as I got up from the floor.

"Right, do you need a box to transport him?" Drew asked, back to professional. I shook my head. "I think my arms will do." I giggled, caressing the dogs head.

Drew hugged me goodbye, mumbling in my ear. "Call me sis, and this time, actually do it!" He kissed my forehead. "I will. Bye, Drew."

"Ashton, we just a pug for Calum." I giggled cheerily as we got in the car. "I know and he's adorable. You are adorable, baby."

"You know, I thought about getting a husky." I smiled, playing with the dog in my lap as Ashton drove us back home.

"I knew it." He smirked, keeping his eyes on the road.

-

»