neuf

october, 6th 2013

Lazily I rolled out of bed, noticing it was already past 3. I rubbed my eyes, yawning.

Pulling on my sweater I stepped out on my balcony, snatching a cigarette from my packet and lighting it.

Inhaling deeply I stared down the road, my eyes landing on Ashtons house. I wonder if he had already answered my letter from yesterday.

Finishing my cigarette I stepped back inside, rubbing my arms to warm myself up. I didn't really want to go downstairs and face my mom, and probably also her dumbass of a boyfriend. But I knew I had to.

I tapped down the stairs, pulling my faded hair into a bun. To my surprise, no one was home.

I opened the fridge, taking out a bottle of orange juice. I poured juice into my glass and accidentally dripped a bit on the counter in the process.

After cleaning up the little mess I made I went to check the mailbox, wanting to know if Ashton had answered my letter.

Opening the mailbox I saw that it was empty, besides some bills for my mom. I pushed the letters for my mom back into the box and closed it again.

Kinda disappointed I laid down on the sofa, my feet curled up and turned on the tv.

I logged onto netflix, choosing my favorite tv series to watch.

After three episodes and a lot of terrifying but truly amazing scenes, the doorbell rang.
((guess which series))

I rolled off of the sofa and went to open the door. Slowly creaking it open it revealed someone I have bever seen before.

A boy stood right in front of me. His curly hair held back by a red bandana, a pair of glasses on his nose.

"Fleur?"

I looked up to see him smiling at me. Nodding, I tried to re-do my bun properly, not wanting to give this stranger a horrible looking first appereance.

"I'm Ashton." He smiled.

My eyes widened, realizing that this is the person that answered my letters.
My breath hitched lightly.

"You actually came to see me." I whispered, more to myself than to him.

He nodded, chuckling. "Why wouldn't I?"

I shrugged, not knowing what to answer.

"I didn't think you'd actually want to see me. I'm just me." I mumbled, running a hand through my bangs.

He took a step forward, coming closer. Smiling down at me he asked, "Do you maybe wanna go for a walk?"

I looked down, looking at what I was wearing. Chuckling I shrugged. "Sure, but let me just go change into something appropriate."

He shook his head, taking me by my arm. "You look good the way you are."

Taking his hand I removed his ridiculously long fingers from my arm. "I'm getting my keys."

He nodded, leaning against the doorframe.

I jogged up the stairs, taking two steps at a time. After taking my keys from my dresser I quickly put on a scarf and then got back down the stairs, where Ashton was still leaning on the doorframe of my frontdoor, looking around my living room.

"It's pretty." He smiled as I approached him. I shrugged. "Yeah, but it's not home."

He didn't say anything to that, instead he just wrapped his hand around my arm again and pulled me out the door, closing it behind us.