Chapter 1

I live in Los Angeles, California. In a rather small, quaint town that you wouldn't really think exists in Los Angeles; Silver Lake. Oh, right, my name's Kylie, Kylie Matthews. I'm 16 and I just finished my sophomore year at King Jr. High School. I'm rather short, I don't go a day without hearing it from my best friends Ashton and Brandy. I've got mid-back length brown wavy hair and green eyes. I live at home with my parents and my little sister Adeline. It's always hot in Los Angeles, so it's a good thing I live near a beach. Today, Ashton and I brought Adeline to the beach. She absolutely adores my best friends, Ashton mostly because I've known him forever.

"Dick!" I called out as Ashton threw me over his shoulder and carried me to the water, interrupting my thoughts. He stopped dead in his tracks and said all serious,

"Kylie, that's a swear, there are young ears here." I laughed and hit his back as Adeline pointed and laughed at me.

"Dick, dick, dick, dick." I said smirking even though he couldn't see my face.

"Okay Miss Potty Mouth, into the water you go." I hit his back more and kicked so he would let go, and he did, but into the water. I swam back up to the surface and looked up at the pier that Ashton and Adeline were standing on, Adeline laughing at me and Ashton just grinning to himself.

"Okay then, act smug." I thought as I hoisted myself up, grabbing Adeline and tickling her.

"No Kylie stop you're all wet!" She yelled.

"I don't think so Addy, you're coming with me." I picked her up bridal style as she screamed when I jumped. Ashton also jumped in and in the water we were all splashing and playing marco polo. It was a fun day, until we got back to the sand to dry off. We were just sitting on the sand playing iSpy, since it's 5 year old Addy's favorite game, and I was cut off when in the middle of my sentence.

"I spy a big-"

"Dick," I rolled my eyes as I knew exactly who was behind me. "You spy a big dick." I turned around to see Calum and Michael both laughing at their stupid joke, Ashton covering Addy's ears and mumbling,

"Why are we all talking about dicks today..."

"Well hello Kylie, beautiful day for spotting things, isn't it?" I stood up and looked him dead in the eyes, even though I fell a foot shorter than him.

"Yeah Michael, and I bet you would have a big dick, if it weren't all shoved into your personality." Calum covered his mouth going, "oooohhh" as Michael just smirked and got close to me and whispered,

"Yeah, you'd like that, wouldn't you Ky?" Winking, he walked off with Calum, the both of them laughing. I sat back down, but not before tripping Calum. He sat there on the ground looking at me, but I just got back to Ashton and Addy.

"Now, where were we?" Addy started laughing and pointing at Calum as he got up and walked off fast, Michael walking after him and also laughing. Ashton however wasn't laughing, and rolled his eyes at the guys.

"God, I hate those guys. Why are they so annoying?" I shrugged. Addy looked at us in confusion.

"Don't worry Addy, Ashton and I are here to protect you from bad boys like Michael." I said pausing, letting Ashton jump in.

"Yeah Adeline, we're going to stay far away from big ol' meanies like them." She pouted and crossed her arms saying,

"Guys, I'm 5 years old I don't need protecting." I shook my head and thought to myself,

From Michael Clifford you need protecting. Not a chance am I letting him near you.

**********************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi guys! This is my first fanfiction, so let me know what you think in the comments! If any of you actually read this oshmygofd thank you!!(: I hope you all have a really nice day today!