Chapter 9 - Part Two

Much like the first date with Michael, I was surprised. It took a little warming up, but Addy took to liking him after a bit. I think she started liking him more when he pretend tied me up, picked me up, and made me "walk the plank" off the pier. When he picked me up, it was if there were no struggle, and swung me over his shoulder as I kicked and hit him without hesitation, he was so strong. Once I was in the water, he jumped off and cannonballed right over me, Addy jumping in not too long after. We started playing marco polo and even played her favorite mermaid game until the current picked up. Addy, again, was having trouble swimming with all the choppy waves. Michael hesitated at first but then swam over and she climbed onto his back. She kept making fun of the faint hair dye running down his wet face, and he softly laughed and kept dunking underwater with her. Currently, we're sitting on the beach while Addy looks for seashells.

"This isn't really what I expected when I said another chance, Ky." He said. I shifted myself and looked at him, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I didn't expect this either, but hey I don't hangout with anyone Addy doesn't like." He sat as if pondering this whole thing, then just shrugged. "Why are you being so nice to me? I mean, I had just thought that-"

"That I was just a guy who didn't give two shits about anyone or anything else but myself?" He asked rather flatly. I just shrunk down a little, feeling bad. "I explained all this to you Kylie."

"It just doesn't make sense, I mean, we've barely ever talked. I just don't see how you could want to take me out on a date so bad." This time he also shifted himself so he was sitting across from me, and sighed.

"When I first moved here, you, along with everyone else, thought I was just a dick. Hell, even Calum assumed it, which is probably why I've been such an ass. But I'm really not, and I just want to show you that I'm not who you think I am. I want to show you that I'm someone you can trust." He stopped and got closer to me, tracing circles on my legs with his fingers and I shivered at this sudden touch. "I want to show you that I genuinely like you, Kylie, and I will not stop trying to make you realize that." He got quiet and just stared at me, waiting for a response. My heartbeat started to pick up as he just stared at me with his gorgeous green eyes. I looked down and traced all along his tattoo of a snake wrapping around his arm, and I could feel that he tensed up too. He started to move in slowly, looking from my lips to my eyes. I froze, still just looking at him. Suddenly, Addy sits right next to us dumps out all the shells she picked up.

"Guys, guys look! I found snails!" She exclaimed, and showed us the three snails in her hands. Michael cleared his throat and moved away from me the slightest bit, and then turned his attention to Addy.

"What are their names?" He asked, sounding interested.

"This one is Gary, obviously you know from Spongebob. This one is Larry, and this one is Jerry. All from Spongebob." I laughed and pushed her.

"You're a Spongebob freak Addy." She giggled and picked up a very small sand dollar.

"Here Michael, I found this for you." She said, and handed it to him as he carefully took it from her.

"Addy, I think this is the best thing someone's ever given me." He said, and she just sat there glowing. Suddenly, the sun went away and it started to rain.

"Ah, shit." I said, looking at the sky. "Guess we should start heading home then huh Addy?" She nodded and got up to get rid of the snails. "Do you need a ride home or something?" I asked, turning to Michael. He shook his head.

"No, I rode my motorcycle here, I'll be fine. Just a little rain." He said, and then it thundered. "See? Just a little rain." I laughed and shrugged.

"Well then go now so you're not caught up in a storm or something." I said, getting up. He got up too, and again I fell a good foot shorter than him.

"Text me when you get home, just so I know you got there safely." He said. I scoffed but smiled. It was cute that he was concerned about me getting home okay.

"Same with you, Clifford." I said, and started to walk away. Soon as I turned around though, I felt his hand grab my arm and turn me around, and next thing I knew I was hugging Michael Clifford. It felt weird to hug him after all that's happened, but I also felt extremely safe. He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tight, whispering,

"Thank you for this chance Ky." We pulled away after a bit, and I felt shaky. I nodded, and got in the car with Addy. I sat there holding the steering wheel, watching him leave and drive off on his motorcycle. After Addy put on her seatbelt and started whining to go home, I finally pulled out and drove home. He must've gotten home at the same time I did, because once I was up in my room he texted me. I replied and then laid there on my bed looking at the ceiling, thinking to myself over and over with a goofy smile,

What are you doing to me Michael Clifford?

*****************************************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hiii guys! I'm so so sorry I haven't updated in forever, we had a small family emergency and I haven't had much access to a computer. I hope this chapter is okay for now, don't worry I'll be writing a bunch more, so stay tuned(: Thanks for all the reads and votes! It means so much that you all like my fanfic.