Chapter 15

I was setting up the living room for my usual little get together for my birthday, when Brandy texted me.

Hey, come over real quick, I need your help picking out the candy. I rolled my eyes and groaned, she always never knows what to bring over here, and everyone was late already, not one responding to my texts. It was 8:30, they were supposed to be here by 8:00 pm. I finished rearranging the furniture to the tv, then went upstair to give my outfit a quick glance. I never really dress up for this, I mean we usually just chill out at home but I don't want to lay around in my pajamas all day. I was wearing my new white and black striped crop top, black high waisted shorts, and my black vans. I got in the car and headed over to Brandy's, going over the list of the candy in my head. Once I got there, I got out of the car and started heading to her front door.

Then, everything went black.

Someone had come up behind me and threw a bag over my head, and picked me up, threw me over their shoulder, and started to take me somewhere. I couldn't see anything, but I was kicking and moving as much as I could. Unfortunately, I'm quite a small person and this guy was obviously a lot bigger than me. Suddenly, they stopped walking and put me down, turning me away from them so my back was facing them. He ripped the bag off my head, and I was blinded for a second as my eyes readjusted.

"SURPRISE!" I heard everyone yell, and I saw Ashton, Luke, Brandy, Ashley, Calum, and a bunch of my other friends were here. I looked behind me, but whoever it was wasn't there anymore. We were in Brandy's backyard, and she had colorful christmas lights lit up around so we weren't all wandering around in the dark. I stood there, covering my mouth because I had screamed a little when they all yelled, catching me off guard. Ashton and Brandy ran up to me and hugged me tight, and shortly after I was joined by Luke and Ashley. Calum didn't hug me, he gave me one of those arm-over-the-shoulder hugs.

"Jesus you guys, you scared the hell out of me." I said, pushing Ashton. They all laughed.

"Sorry Kylie, we knew you weren't going to do anything for your birthday, so, this happened." Ashton said, shrugging.

"This is so amazing, thank you." I said, smiling.

"Hey, don't thank me, wasn't my idea." Ashton said, putting his arm around me and giving me a noogie. I looked around, and couldn't find Michael.

"Where's Michael? I asked, my eyes darting all over the place. 

"He said he couldn't make it tonight, and that he was really sorry." Calum said, and I frowned. We all stood there for a bit in silence, until Luke broke it.

"Well, let's still have a good time, come on Kylie it's your birthday!" He said, and we all cheered. Music started playing, and of course it was all my favorite bands. We were all dancing around and I was having a great time, but I couldn't help but feel a little sad that Michael wasn't here.

Where are you? It sucks that you're not here. I had texted him, but he didn't respond.

"Hey guys, I'll be right back," Ashton said, breaking away from the group. "Just checking up on the co-"

"Shhh!" Luke and Brandy had shushed him at the same time. I was confused but just went with it, and kept talking with Ashley, Luke, and Brandy.

"You guys are, the most literal best friends I could ever ask for. Thank you." I said, and we all hugged again. Suddenly, the music stopped, and I looked at Brandy in confusion, but she just smiled at me.

"I'd like to say happy birthday to the most amazing person in my life, so um, happy birthday." I heard someone saw in a low, Australian accent. I turned around, expecting to see Michael but I couldn't find him. Brandy took me by the shoulders and spun me around to the other side of her backyard, which was dark. I was confused, until it all lit up, and there I saw Michael standing on a platform. He wasn't alone though, he was holding an electric guitar, a microphone, and Ashton was behind him on the drums.