Chapter 2

I was sitting on my bed watching Netflix when Ashton barges in my room with Addy on his back.

"Ashley just tweeted that she's throwing a major party tonight while her parents are in Vegas for a week. We should go!" I groaned thinking about all the morons I thought I was done with for the summer.

"I don't know Ash, what if-"

"A party? Sounds fun can I go? Can I go? Are there going to be snacks?" Addy looked so hopeful I felt so bad saying no.

"Sorry Addy, looks like you'll just have to hang out with mom and dad tonight. It's not the kind of party you'd like," I got close and whispered to her, "there'll be boys there." I started tickling her as she yelled out the word cooties.

"Ugh, when's this stupid party Ashton?" He checked his phone and looked surprised.

"Um, in like 10 minutes, hurry up get ready." I stood up and pushed him out of my room, turning to my closet and taking out a bunch of clothes.

"What are you going to wear?" Addy asked, sitting up and kicking her legs over the edge of the bed. I shrugged, I haven't been to a party in forever. Addy got up and picked up my Doc Marten's, putting them on and strutting around my room.

"Addy, those are too big for you, but I'll wear them." I laughed. She squealed and started singing her favorite showtune songs. I sighed and just picked an outfit at random; my white plaid shirt, white crop top, high waisted black shorts, my ripped tights and of course, my Doc Marten's.

"Kylie you take for- woah. You look good, edgy. Alright, let's hit it. Brandy said she'd meet us there." I sighed again. I haven't seen Brandy much this summer, she's been busy taking care of her dad. I nodded and we headed out. I got into Ashton's car and plugged in my phone.

"Alright, until we get there, we're listening to twenty one pilots and there's nothing you can do about it."

***

Once we got to Ashley's I immediately found Brandy, and she looked great in her black dress. We squealed and hugged, same as we do every time we hangout.

"Okay, so I know we haven't been to much parties, but this one is fun, there's even a new kid here." Ashton looked both pained but interested.

"Please tell me it's not another Michael." Brandy shook her head, saying,

"No, he seems alright, but he kind of sticks to himself. But come on let's go, there's a pool out back, everyone's out there." She took our hands and dragged us to Ashley's back yard. Brandy was right, everyone was out here with their beers and red solo cups and what not. I could faintly hear "Give A Damn" playing in the background. At least the music's good. I thought. I wandered off to see if I could find Ashley, getting caught in the crowd until I felt someone grab my hips and pull me close.

"Come dance with me babe, you're looking hot tonight." I scoffed and elbowed the guy behind me the second his lips touched my neck.

"Sorry Calum, but you're drunk and I don't dance with guys like you." He held his stomach in the place where I had elbowed him, rolling his eyes and walked off. I turned around and saw Michael right behind me.

"You don't dance with guys like us, Ky?" He spread out his arms, adding, "What's so bad about guys like us?"

"What isn't bad about guys like you..." I mumbled, pushing past him. I eventually found Ashley, Ashton, and Brandy. We were all just talking for about an hour until we heard harsh laughing among the silenced crowd. I got up to go see what was happening, and I saw that Michael and Calum had cornered a guy I didn't recognize. He was the same height as them, but obviously not capable of a fight like Michael or Calum.

"Didn't you hear? Rejects aren't allowed at parties." Calum spat out.

"Hey Calum, how about we fuck shit up tonight?" Michael asked sarcastically, rolling up his sleeves.

"Is that the new kid?" I asked Brandy. She nodded and I just shook my head, automatically walking to Michael. Ashton tried stopping me but I shook him off. I went up right behind Michael and tapped his shoulder, saying,

"Hey asshole." He turned around and I slapped him hard across the cheek. He looked as if he could've hit me instead of the other kid. "You're not one to talk about rejects you prick." I pushed him and I walked past, taking the new guy by his arm and walking away. I heard the entire crowd saying "ooohh" until Michael shot them all a look.

"Thank you-"

"Don't talk, don't look back, just follow me and keep walking." I signaled for Ashton and Brandy to follow, and all four of us walked back to Ashton's car, getting in. I waited a few minutes before I turned to the new guy and asked,

"Alright, so who are you."

"I'm Luke. Luke Hemmings, I moved to town not too long ago."

"Well hi Luke Hemmings, I'm Kylie Matthews, this is Ashton Irwin, and Brandy Jacobs. I would apologize for Michael and Calum, the two guys harassing you, but they do that to everyone. It's pretty shitty."

"Thanks for that, I didn't really want to have to explain why I was all beat up to my parents. They forced me to go, telling me to make new friends." I spread my arms wide as I could in the car and I said,

"Welcome to Silver Lake."