Chapter 7 - Part Two

It was tied between Michael and I. He had 100 points, I had 100 points. It all came to this last throw. I looked over at him, and he was focused on the game. I turned back, staring at that 100 slot. I brought my arm back, thrust it forward, and let go. After that, everything became slow-motion. I watched my ball go up the ramp, Michael's just a few centimeters short from mine on his ramp. It hit the bump and went up, in the direction of the 100 slot. I looked over at Michael's, his too also headed for the 100 slot. I looked back when I heard a faint thud, my ball hitting the rim around the slot. But not in the right way. It bounced off, going down, and into the 10 slot. I didn't hear anything from Michael, but I turned and looked at him, and he was looking at me triumphantly with his hands in the air. Everything sped up again, and he started cheering.

"No!" I half yelled jokingly, pushing him. "No, I couldn't have lost, are you serious?" He started laughing and punching the air, and I couldn't help but laugh at his dorkiness. He turned to me and held up his hands, asking for a double high five.

"Hey, can't leave me hanging now. You, Kylie Matthews, are now on a date with me." He said. I hesitated, but high fived him.

"Who are you?" I asked, jokingly. I definitely didn't know this side of Michael Clifford.

"Someone you have yet to meet." He replied, same as earlier. I looked at him, and this time I took him in. His red, crazy hair. His green eyes. His eyebrow piercing. His smile. He looked at me as well, also clearly taking me in. He looked directly at me, into my eyes. My stomach definitely started turning into knots.

"Um, well, let's hangout then." I said, not wanting him to know that I was nervous. This isn't anything I felt when Luke looked at me, I think that was from pure happiness with friends. This... This was different. I mean, I'm nervous. What is this, are my legs shaking? What the hell is-

"Ky? You okay? You look a little... Distraught." I shook my head, my thoughts scattering, again not wanting him to know I was nervous.

"Nope, just ready to kick your ass. Come on, let's do another round."

"In your dreams." He said smugly.

***

I have to admit, it was a fun night. First of all, I did kick his ass at the second round of Skeeball. That ended up with me running away from him as he chased me, threatening to throw me over his shoulder and spinning me around. We played some of the booths, my favorite was the darts. I failed, I've got horrible aim, but he won and gave me a giant teddy bear. I was surprised multiple times tonight, I have always seen Michael as a dick, but tonight he was... Different. Like he actually cared being around me. We road the Pirate Boat, and that was quite a scene to watch. My hands were up in the air and I was screaming happily among the other riders, yet Michael was gripping the poles and just sitting there. When we got off he was all shaken up, and I teased him about it. We rode the Chair-o-Plane, and this time both of us were pumping our hands into the air. We split cotton candy, and he bought me a soda. Right now we were just walking around, and we came around again to the ferris wheel.

"Wanna give this one last ride before we go?" He asked. I nodded, and we paid our last tickets and got on. It was the same operator guy from last time, and this time he looked rather confused to see me willingly go on with Michael. We sat down, and surprisingly he put his arm around me. I felt safe around him, and it was nice to see all the lit up rides at night. The ride stopped, but this time not at the top. He reached over the edge of the chair and gave me a mischievous grin. He started to rock the chair, as the rules so simply state not to. I gripped the sides, seeing the view change quickly. I started getting nervous again, really nervous. He was laughing until he looked over at me, and stopped.

"Aww, is Kylie scared?" He asked like a little kid. He wrapped his arm around me again, and despite my nervousness I still replied,

"Not as scared as you on the Pirate Boat." He groaned and I started laughing, and eventually the ride ended and we got off. We stopped at the photo booth, and I have to admit, hanging out with him was really fun. I got the pictures and all of a sudden my phone vibrated.

It's been hours, where are you?  Shit, I completely forgot about Ashton. I replied back, and turned back to Michael. We stood there for a minute, just looking at each other.

"I was wrong about you Clifford, you're obviously not who I thought you we-"

"Hey Michael, funny seeing you here seeing as you didn't return any of my texts." I turned around and saw this girl there, with her arms crossed. I can't lie, she was gorgeous. Lavender hair, brown eyes, a tattoo on her forearm, she looked like a girl version of Michael.

"Um, hey, Sarah. Sorry about that I-" Michael began.

"Doesn't matter. Why don't you spend a little more time with me instead of other girls, okay?" She said, looking pissed. She looked at me, then Michael, then me again, and looked smug. She turned back to him smirking, and said, "Call me when you're ready for a good time." And then kissed him. Time froze for me, as I just stood there and saw her kiss him. She broke away slowly, and then left. Michael turned to me and started stammering.

"Kylie I, I didn't know she'd be here, Sarah and I just have... History."

"History? Didn't seem like history to me, Michael. Who was this Sarah?" I asked, my tone clearly picking up.

"Okay, okay, she and I kinda had, a thing. I keep meaning to end it but I-" I threw my hands up, dropping the bear he won me on the ground.

"Save it Michael. I should've known." I started to walk away, and he called my name, and I turned around and walked to him. He stopped, looking hopeful.

"You're right, I forgot something." I said, and took my soda and dumped it over him, walking away fast. I found Ashton's car and got in, slamming the door.

"Kylie, are you okay? What's wrong?" He asked startled from the slammed door.

"Just drive, Ashton. Before Michael comes after me." I said.

"What happened?"

"Fucking drive, I'm done with him."

We sat in silence the rest of the way, my anger fuming inside me. Once I was home, I stomped upstairs, not caring who I woke up. I sat down on my bed, and took out the pictures from the photo booth.

Bastard. I thought.