Chapter 21

I couldn't stop running the other night in my head. Michael seemed so desperate, and I wanted nothing more to kiss him, to give him his 'one more.' I just couldn't do it. I was at the playground with Addy, watching her climb the monkey bars. I leaned my head back, closing my eyes and resting in the sun.

"If you stay like that, you'll get sunburned." I heard someone say, and looked next to me. Calum had sat down on the bench with me, looking at the playground.

"Calum, what a pleasant surprise. What are you doing here?" I asked, expecting Michael to be around somewhere.

"I was just walking when I saw you, decided to give you a visit." He said simply. "No, Michael's not around, I haven't seen him for a bit, actually. What are you doing here?" I nodded my head towards Addy, and he nodded as well. We sat in silence for a bit.

"What even happened, Kylie?" He asked, looking at me.

"Well, um, I guess it was the last big party Ashley had. I couldn't find Michael, but someone told me he was waiting for me upstairs, so I went up, and uh, well there he was, making out with that bitch Sarah." I said, and he sighed.

"You should've seen him after you left, he was on a whole different level of scary. I mean, he punched a hole into Ashley's door, hell I was worried a bit." I laughed a little, then touched my lip again. It was pretty much healed, but it still hurt when I touch it.

"Was that all?" I said, wondering what else happened.

"Nope, he was so angry I didn't trust him driving, so I drove him to my place. He kept punching my wall, which by the way was brick. For fuck's sake I crushed a sleeping pill in some water for him so he wouldn't end up breaking his hand. This of course was after he stopped at your house." He said, looking at me again. I shifted myself, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I've been a wreck too, actually. I've cried and cried and I stare endlessly at the pictures I have, I wish I could go back to that night and stop it from ever happening. It's all so stupid."

"I've only known Michael for two years now, but I know well enough he's never acted this way about a girl before. We would joke at night, joke about like getting off the grid or moving somewhere far away or stuff like that. He used to always plan along with me, but during those months of you two, he would always add you at the end." I sat back, smiling to myself a little.

"Oh yeah? How so?"

"Well like, one time we said we were going to go to Mexico, because during spring break for college, man, people get crazy, girls, get crazy. Then once, when I suggested it he said, 'no, Kylie wouldn't be there.' It was weird, as if you changed him." I sat there, listening as Calum rambled on. It's funny, much like Michael, Calum isn't so bad either. Well, I haven't really seen most of the bad things Calum has done, but still. We kept talking a bit more, and eventually he left. Addy came over and we decided to go get lunch, stopping at McDonald's. We headed for the movies, but didn't watch anything. Usually we just go for the arcade and the candy. We just finished the Just Dance game, when someone my age came up to me. I didn't recognize him, and he was wearing a hooded sweatshirt with sunglasses.

"Kylie Matthews?" He asked, and Addy hid behind me.

"Um, yeah?" I said hesitantly.

"This is for you." He said in a quiet voice, and looked around before he handed me an envelope and left.

"What is it Kylie? What's in the envelope?" Addy asked, tugging on my hand that was holding it.

"I uh, I don't know let's see." I sat down and popped a handful of cookie dough bites in my mouth, opening it.

I suck at rhyming so I won't bother, but take Addy to the beach and play iSpy.

"iSpy? Who wants us to play iSpy?" Addy asked, I racked my brain but I didn't know.

"I don't know, let's go find out." I said, taking her hand and walking from the movies to the beach.

**************************************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

LMAO THERE'S SOMETHING BREWIN' HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THE FANFIC