Chapter 8

The next morning, I just laid in bed. I could barely sleep last night, I don't even know why I was taking this so hard. What could I expect from Michael? Of course he was still with someone, getting the nerve to ask me out. Just as he was about to prove me wrong about himself, she came around. What a bastard.

Kylie, I'm sorry. Could you answer me please? I didn't know Sarah still had a thing for me. I looked at Michael's text and rolled my eyes. Why was he even trying so hard? I groaned and got up from bed, going downstairs and seeing Addy with Ashton.

"What are you doing here?" I asked sleepily, mixture of no sleep and the fact it seemed rather early.

"Well, good afternoon to you too Kylie. It's 12:00. Time to get up and out of this house." Ashton said sternly, but unable to keep a straight face and giggled. I laughed and said,

"If you think I'm going anywhere where he might be, you're funny."

"Well then I should be a stand-up comedian, because you are going to go upstairs, put a suit on, and we are going to meet Brandy, Luke, and Ashley at the beach." I smirked at him when he said Ashley.

"I think a certain Ashton likes Ashley." I wiggled my eyebrows at him, causing him to laugh.

"She's really nice, granted, but I don't know if she even likes me back. I've asked her out before but, she turned me down." He said, fake pouting.

"Well, despite your school girl crush on her, I'm not going." I said.

"Kylie, you're going. I want to, Ashton wants to, and Luke is there!" Addy said, looking at me with her big blue eyes, causing me to fall under her little girl spell and finally say yes. I told her to go get ready, and she bounded up the stairs squealing. I fake groaned and then sat on the floor, causing Ashton to stand up and start dragging me across the floor.

"Oh no no no," he said. "You get up." He continued to drag me, giving up once we got to the stairs. Addy came back and stood at the top.

"Tase her," she said. "She hates it." I gave her a look and she only laughed, and right as I felt Ashton's fingers poking my sides I bolted upright and went upstairs to get ready. Once I came back, I picked Addy up and spun her around.

"You're a devious little 5 year old." I joked.

"Now I know where I get it from." She laughed as I continued spinning. I laughed right along with her, but I felt bad as well. My parents are never really present, I'm both a sister and a parent to Addy. Mom is always away at work, and my dad is just, never home. I put Addy down, and the 3 of us headed out for the beach.

***

We got to the beach after a little jam out to All Time Low in the car on the way over. I'm glad Addy's got a sister like me, filling her head with good music instead of the radio's songs. I put Addy on my back, and we headed to where everyone was seated. Addy was still humming "Sick Little Games" when she saw Luke, immediately stopping and yelling out his special nickname. He left out a soft chuckle, coming over and tickling Addy while still on my back, causing her to kick me.

"Ow," I whined, turning to Luke. "You'll regret that." I said, trying to be as intimidating as I could but failing due to the height difference. I put Addy down while he laughed, and I tased him, running past everyone else and into the water. Luke came after me, almost jumping on top of me as I fell underwater. Everyone soon came after me, and we all splashed each other, humoring Addy as we played her favorite game where we were all mermaids. I saw Michael and Calum coming towards us, and I told Addy to get on Ashton's back. They both swam towards us, looking smug.

"What are we playing here?" Calum asked, looking at each of us. Addy poked around Ashton and said proudly,

"Mermaids!" Calum pretended to be impressed, and Michael looked right at me, not taking his eyes away as he said,

"Can we play?"

"Why the hell are you here, Michael? Why can't you ever leave us alone?" Brandy said. Luke kind of backed off a bit when they were around.

"Sorry, are we unwelcome?" Calum asked sarcastically. Addy was about to say they could join, but Ashley cut her off saying,

"Actually, we were about to get out and go get something to eat, so, if you'll excuse us, we'll be leaving now." I gave her a grateful look, and she just nodded and we all left. Michael grabbed my wrist however, stopping me.

"I need to talk to you." He said. He still had a smug look on, but his eyes looked almost... Desperate.

"No." I said crossly.

"Kylie, just hear him out." Calum said.

"Why should I? Made me believe he wasn't who he was, then proved me wrong, or right rather." I said, looking right at Michael.

"You want me to prove it?" Michael said. I shrugged, somewhat interested in what he had to say. Calum looked at him too, wondering what the hell he was going to say.

"All those times I've picked on either you or your friends, that was to get under your skin." He said.

"Isn't that what you normally do to people you pick on?" I said.

"You didn't let me finish. I did it to you guys especially, just to get closer to you. But everyone saw me as this bad guy, so I had to live up to it. Sure, I've done some shit, and in a way they were right. All those times you've insulted me, I pretended as if it amused me, yet it actually kind of hurt. I act like a dick because I never thought I would have the chance to take you out, but I did last night, and I actually felt happy.

"I know I'm nothing to your friends, and they'll probably question you as to why you're even talking to me. Hell, I'm questioning you myself. I am sorry that Sarah came up to us last night, I told her to fuck off right as you left, yes, dripping from your soda." I couldn't help but let a small giggle escape my mouth at the thought of him soaked from my drink.

"I just need another chance to prove to you that I'm not who you think I am. It's all I need. Just a chance." He pleaded. Both Calum and I looked at him, astonished.

"Dude, what did you do with Michael?" He asked, and Michael punched his arm. I laughed, and I thought to myself for a moment. He seems pretty genuine, not how I expected him to be. Finally, I spoke up.

"Everyone deserves a second chance, I'll give you that. Fine, I'll give you your shot, but don't mess this one up." I said, and went to meet the others without looking back. I stifled a giggle when I heard Calum repeat himself. When I got to the others, they looked at me questioningly, Luke especially.

"What did he want?" They all basically asked at once.

"A second chance."

*************************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hiii sorry for the late update, hopefully this is okay for now. I'll try and write more later, I've been busy and I've also hit writer's block so hopefully you guys like this chapter. Also, thanks so much for 100 views! (: