Chapter 5

It's been a few days since I got that text from Michael, and I still have no idea what he meant. It's Michael though, and all he ever does is try to get into people's heads. I mean, it's Michael for fuck's sake, what's so good about him? I groaned, and covered my face.

"Hey! Wanna meet me and Addy by the beach?" I texted Luke. It's nice being friends with him, I definitely took him as a shy guy until we became friends. My phone vibrated again, and I got excited to finally get out of the house today.

"Bet you thought I wouldn't text you again, huh Ky?"  I read, groaning. What in the hell does Michael want now?

"What do you want, Clifford?"  I replied. He always seems to pop up at the times I want him around least.

"It's a nice day, why don't you come down to the beach?"

"Why the hell would I want to go to the beach with you?"  He took a little longer to respond, and I started to wonder if I had been a bit harsh. Wait, why was I caring about his feelings? Michael doesn't give two shits about anyone's feelings. Just then, Luke texted back.

"Finally, some plans. My mother's been having me help her unpack the rest of the living room and I'm dying. Be there in 20." I got up and got dressed, yelling to Addy to get ready when Michael texted back.

"I don't know... Just wanted to make plans. But whatever, got better things to do anyway." I ignored him and got Addy, muttering to myself.

"Kylie, why are you mad?" Addy asked.

"Just... Stupid boys, you'll unfortunately find out someday." I said.

"Is it that bad boy?" I sighed, slowly nodding. She looked hopeful when she asked, "Do you like him?" I hesitated, and then quickly said no. How can anyone like Michael?

***

Once we finally got to the beach, we met up with Luke. I bent down and whispered to Addy, and she took off running to him.

"Pookie, pick me up!" She yelled. Luke laughed and groaned at the same time and picked her up.

"Did Kylie tell you to say that?" He asked, tickling her. I was too busy laughing to see Michael coming our way.

"This is why you couldn't come to the beach?" He asked, rather upset. Probably because he wasn't with Calum for once.

"Sorry that I didn't want my little sister to hangout with a jackass." I said. He looked hurt for a second, then glared at Luke.

"And what are you looking at, reject?" He spat out and stomped off, knocking some kid's drink out of their hand as he passed.

"God what a di-jerk. What a jerk." Luke said, stopping himself from 'swearing' in front of Addy. "What was that about? First the ferris wheel, and now this?" I shrugged.

"I have no idea, he texted me asking to go to the beach-"

"Wait wait, you've got his number? Why?"

"He put it in before he gave my phone back, and I don't know!" I half-yelled. I don't know why I was getting defensive, it's just Michael. The guy who sleeps around and doesn't give a shit. I started poking Luke to annoy him, and Addy began poking his stomach.

"Stop," he said laughing, dragging out the 'o.' "You're gonna regret that Kylie." He said, picking me up and taking off for the water. I started laughing and hitting his back, trying to escape.

"Why does everyone pick me up?" I groaned. He laughed and said,

"Because you're so short and travel-sized." I groaned again and gave up trying to escape, and I felt us falling into the water. Underwater, I heard another little splash next to me, remembering Addy.

"You guys forgot me!" She yelled after we swam back up. She started struggling from all the waves suddenly coming in, and Luke put her on his back and swam for her. I looked at him, and I mean actually looked. His eyes basically matched the blue of the ocean, his perfectly shaded blonde hair, his lip ring. He was so good with Addy too, she took to liking him right away. He looked at me then, right into my eyes with his stupid, big, goofy smile, and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"What?" He asked. I shook back to reality.

"Nothing, Pookie." I replied, and smirked. He reached over with his free hand and dunked me underwater. I came back up laughing, I looked over at the shore, a flash of red appearing. I saw Michael looking at us, glaring at Luke. Luke turned around, and Michael flipped him off.

"What the hell  is his problem?" He asked.

"I wish I knew."

***
Hours later, I was back at home laying in bed with Addy. She fell asleep from the movie we were watching, and I started dozing off too, until my phone vibrated.

"I had fun today, let's do it again! :)"  I smiled. Luke can be such a cheesy dork. I got another text, but from Michael.

"Ugh." I groaned. Addy shifted in her sleep, and I put my phone down and started falling asleep.

"Another fair tomorrow night. Meet me by the ferris wheel at 10."

************************************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Sorry for the late crappy, chapter update! Hope this fits for now until more chapters to come(: