Chapter 22 - Part Three

"I see you've made it." Michael said, laughing softly. I smiled, but then just looked at him. I was getting nervous, being in his presence again. I didn't even notice what he was holding until he handed it to me. It was the same bear he won me on our first date, at the carnival. I took it gently, but held it with both arms since it was half my size. I felt something behind the ear of it, and looked confused when I held up a small piece of paper.

You made it. Don't talk for the next few minutes or so. I read, and looked at him. He cleared his throat and wiped his hands on his jeans, also clearly nervous.

"Kylie, Ky. The night you left, was the worst night of my life. I mean that. I had never felt that stupid, that angry, that upset over anything. I plan on never feeling that again." He said, looking directly at me.

"Michael I-" I started, but he held up his hand, cutting me off.

"When I finally got home, I spent hours going over old texts, old pictures, old videos. I even played that song I wrote for you again, and I thought I had messed up for good. Then I got an idea, since I know you like adventures and all, I figured I'd give you one. Granted, it's not the best, but it's something." He said, moving closer to me every so often since the waves were coming in. I couldn't move, I was nervous. I tried to talk again but he cut me off.

"I have felt something with you that I never have felt, something genuine. I don't just like you, Ky. No, there aren't enough feelings to cover the word 'like.' I fucking love you. I love your laugh, your hair, the way you sleep, the way you look when you're thinking, how your hand fits into mine and how my lips feel against yours. I love every aspect of you, and I will not let you go. When we first kissed, my lips went numb. When we first hugged that day at the beach, my entire body buzzed," he whispered, getting closer still. "When we first held hands, my fingers tingled, and while you're looking at me now, I'm starting to sweat." He said, and I couldn't help but giggle like a little girl. He was close enough to the point where I could feel his breath on my face, and my hands started shaking.

"Being this close to you makes my legs weak, Kylie. This hasn't happened before. All of this, everything you've been on today, is my way of fighting for you. And I will not stop. I don't expect you to forgive me, or anything, there is only one thing I want." He whispered, looking at me intently.

"What's that Michael Clifford? I whispered back, looking into his eyes.

"One more." He said, then pulled me close without hesitation, wrapping his hand around the back of my upper neck and pushing his lips to mine, eventually sliding in a little tongue. We broke apart, and he was just looking at where his lips just were. We rested our foreheads together, and he wrapped his arms around me and the bear I was still holding.

"Damn Mikey." I whispered, and I could feel him smile if possible.

"Mikey, huh? Did my little adventure today make you feel better?" He said, chuckling softly as he did and poking my sides, causing me to laugh. I stood back and looked at him, unable to contain the smile on my face. I set the bear down softly in the dry sand, careful not to knock it over so it's absolutely covered in sand. I turned back and continued my stare at him.

"What. What, why are you looking at me like that?" He asked, becoming shy, fixing his hair and going over his teeth with his tongue.

"No, you're fine. I just," I said, stopping myself because I could feel tears gathering in my eyes. "God dammit Michael I just missed you so much." I said, my voice cracking. Michael looked as if he could cry too, and he immediately took me into his arms, hugging me tightly.

"God Kylie, after this, no way in hell am I letting you go. I mean that." He whispered into my shoulder.

"No, You're stuck with me now Mikey." I giggled, and then broke apart, looking at him again. "You know something?" I asked with a mysterious smile.

"What, you want to go on a walk or something?" He asked.

"No, what you said in your little speech there." I said, grinning.

"Oh, yeah that, it's noth-"

"I love you too, Michael." I said, and he smiled as if he was a little boy and his parents bought him a whole candy store.