Chapter #9- How Could You

{Rachel}

*1 week later*

Ugh...I haven't gotten a call from Devon in days. We usually go on dates or a walk in the park but no sign of him. I'm always wondering on what's he been doing when we're not together. Today my grandfather has left to California to help solve a case but luckily my grandmother was home to keep me company.

Today she had to work but she got out early so that good news since she's home late.

>Around 7:30 pm<

I felt the breeze in my room and it was finally fresh since this week was too hot to do anything so I decided to go walk around the neighborhood. On my way I'll ask April if she wants to hang out.

As I grab my phone my grandmother said,

"Rachel where are you going, it's about to get dark."

"I'm going for a short walk." I said.

"Okay be back by 8:00." said my grandmother.

"I will ..oh ..can April come over?" I ask my grandmother.

"Of course." She said back.

"Okay bye." I said as I leave the door.

As I'm walking around the neighborhood I pass a small little park and I see a lot of couples. Man how I wish I was with Dev... later I see something that shocked me. Devon and a girl were kissing. But wait is that really Devon or was it another boy but when I looked a little closer ... it WAS Devon. I can't believe it.

I walked by Devon

"Hello Devon." I said.

He gasp and said "Rachel."

Later the girl next to him said,

"Oh Devon is this the cousin you've been talking about."

"Huh." I said in a confused voice.

"Hi I'm Annalise, Devon's girlfriend. Devon told me so much about you." she said in a sweet voice.

"W-wait you think I'm Devon's cousin." I said in shock.

"Yeah he told me...why." She said in a worried voice.

"Cause I'm his girlfriend. I've been dating him for like 6 months." I said in a shocked and angered voice.

"WHAT.... I've dated him for 4 months." She said in shock too.

We both stare at each in shocked but later turn to Devon.

Devon was in silence.

Later the girl slapped him and left with anger.

Tears were coming out of eyes and before what I smacked him so hard that he fell on the ground. As I'm walking away he grabs my arm.

"Rachel I.." He said in a sad voice.

"How could you." I said in tears.

He stares at me for a second but I left with tears.

I could tell that all the other couples were staring at Devon with anger.

I enter my house with tears and a broken heart.

I hear my grandmother come to the living room and she saw me in tears.

"Honey what's wrong." She said concerned.

"Grandma...Devon cheated on me." I said in tears.

"Oh my god honey I'm so sorry." She said in a sad voice as she comes over to me and hugs me.

"I'ma go to my room." I said in tears.

"Hon.." She said as I interrupt her.

"Please can I go to my room I want to be alone." I said in tears.

"Okay." She said sadly.

As I enter my room I lay down in my bed get my pillow and I started to cry in my pillow.

"How could he do this to me." I whispered

Later I started crying again.