Chapter 4 - Arrival at LAX (Minecon Day 1 Part 2)

Once I'm settled in to my seat on the plane, I figure out what to do. I couldn't fall asleep because I had way too much coffee this morning. Also, I can't read or I'll get nauseous and throw up. Yeah, that would be embarrassing. Maybe I can talk to one of the guys. I look to my right. Chris is too occupied by the crazy cat lady to start a conversation, and Ross is asleep (and snoring very loudly, I might add). I sigh and look at Alex. He's got one ear bud on and he's playing League on his laptop (it might actually be DotA, I'm not exactly sure). "Soooooo, what's airsoft?" I ask, attempting to start a conversation.

"Uhhhhhhhhh," he replies, too absorbed in his game to give me an answer, let alone look away from his computer. "F***!" He curses under his breath.

I pout at him, then look through my messenger for some work to do. This was supposed to be a vacation for me, a time when I can get some actual sleep instead of worrying about work. I decide to look for a new song to cover. I play through Pandora on mt phone, writing down notes about each song down on my notebook. After about 3 hours, I decide to cover The A Team by Ed Sheeran. I check on the guys again: Chris is trying to fall asleep before the cat lady comes back from the bathroom, and Alex is still playing his game. On the bright side, I see Ross is just fiddling on his phone. "Hey, wanna play a game?" I gesture to the screens in front of us.

"Sure, I bet I can beat you at virtual chess." He smirks.

"Yeah, right."

~~~

After losing about 20 games of chess to Ross, I start to complain. "Why do I keep losing?! I haven't even won once. Ross must be cheating." I say to Alex, who started watching about 5 games in. Apparently he thinks it's funny to see me lose. A**hole. At least I got him to stop playing League (again, might be DotA).

"Nah, you're just bad." Ross laughs, then checkmates me again. Ugh. "Wanna try again?"

"Aargh, I can't do this anymore!" I throw my hands up in surrender.

"Hey, Ross, I bet I can beat you, unlike El here." Alex pats my head. I hate it when people do that! I get it, I'm short!

"Yeah, you're on." Ross grins, leaning over to my screen to start a new game.

After ten games, Ross and Alex end up in a tie. "Aw, looks like you didn't win overall." I tease Alex.

"Yeah, yeah. At least I beat him in 5 games. You didn't even win once."

I pout, then pretend I'm crying. "Why do you have to be such an a**?"

Ross laughs, then notices Chris waking up. "Hey, guys, let's play some Minecraft."

Alex and Chris both nod their heads, but I shake mine. "I think I'll take a nap instead. I can finally feel the caffeine wearing off a little." I chuckle.

"Suit yourself." Chris says, turning on his laptop.

I watch Alex's POV on his laptop for a while, then drift off to sleep.

~~~

I wake to Alex gently shaking my shoulder. "Hey, we're landing in 15, you better get ready." he says.

I open up my eyes a little more and stretch a bit. To my right, Chris and Ross are getting ready to leave. I pack the few things I have out back into my messenger, then put my seat belt back on.

In 30 minutes, we are finally allowed to leave the plane. It feels so good to be back on solid ground. I hop a few times, getting used to the ground while the guys take a selfie.

"What are you doing?" Ross gives me a weird look.

"You look like you really have to piss."Alex laughs.

"Shut up!" I frown, but continue jumping. My legs haven't "woken up" yet.

"El, you better stop, people are starting to look at us." Chris worries.

I stop and look around. "They're probably wondering why there's a 'little girl' with three guys, two of which are giants." I say, gesturing to Ross and Alex. "They probably think you guys kidnapped me or something."

"But we did, remember?" Ross grins.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." I roll my eyes. At first, I wanted to go with Hannah and the rest of the Yogscast to LA, but Ross told me he'd give me 15 pounds if I went with him and the guys instead. When I still refused, he went to my apartment and gave me a nonsense "lecture" on being "family", and started to get all sad and upset. So, I ended up going with him.

While we're walking towards the exit of LAX, Alex says he's hungry. So, we make our way to a McDonalds (of course, what else?). I sit down at a booth. "You guys go ahead, I'll save our spot."

"You want a burger now? I'll pay." Alex grins. Dèjá vu.

I look at my phone. 9:00 pm. I shrug. "Sure, I guess." I can just be vegetarian another day. Besides, I don't want to make him feel bad. Alex smiles big then walks away towards the counter.

While we're eating, I go over the agenda for the next few days. It's relatively relaxing for now, Minecon doesn't start until next week. I'll have to remind myself to pick up our passes tomorrow morning.

When we're done eating, Alex gets another burger to go, then we continue to make our way towards the exit. I take a deep breath before stepping out onto the streets of LA.