Chapter 12 - Why? (Minecon Day 3 Part 3)

AN: Unfortunately, school is starting this coming Monday, and I will be starting my first year of high school! *Nervous Breakdown* So, I'm not exactly sure if I will be able to continue updating! Until I can work out some sort of schedule for my crazy life, the updates will probably be very irregular, and (dare I say) scarce. :(

~~~~~

If questioning would make us wise
No eyes would ever gaze in eyes;
If all our tale were told in speech
No mouths would wander each to each.

Were spirits free from mortal mesh
And love not bound in hearts of flesh
No aching breasts would yearn to meet
And find their ecstasy complete.

For who is there that lives and knows
The secret powers by which he grows?
Were knowledge all, what were our need
To thrill and faint and sweetly bleed?

Then seek not, sweet, the "If" and "Why"
I love you now until I die.
For I must love because I live
And life in me is what you give.

- Because She Would Ask Me Why I Loved Her by Christopher Brennan

~~~

Alex and I slowly made our way back to the bus stop, hand in hand. We continued talking about anything and everything, from video games to food to books. It was a pleasant distraction from the constant reminder of an inevitable conversation with Ross about what happened that day.

"Should we tell Ross about Thomas?" Alex asked, reading my mind.

"Maybe not at this moment. He'll be furious." Ross, being the overprotective brother he usually was, would probably try to pin this whole thing on Alex. Which, of course, is ridiculous, and would probably end up in me not being allowed to see Alex anymore. Which I didn't want happening.

"He"ll be even more furious when he finds out we lied to him." Shoot. He was right. Eventually, the truth would come out.

I tried to think of a solution, one that would result in Ross not overreacting. I sighed. At least I won't have to worry about Chris doing anything. Wait, Chris... "How about we tell Chris what happened?"

"What? And not Ross? He'll eventually find out, what's the point?"

"We should tell Chris what happened before we tell Ross. I'll get him out of the room long enough for us to talk. Then, you and Chris can tell Ross what happened, so he won't overreact! It's perfect!"

"Yeah, but how do you know Chris won't overreact?"

"Chris is calmer than Ross, and more reasonable, so I don't think he'll do anything bad."

Alex nods."Ok, then, we'll go with that." Just then, the bus arrives, and we begin the 'journey' back to the hotel.

Just before we enter, I stop Alex, and turn around to face him. "Hey, I just wanted to say... I had a lot of fun tonight. Thanks for being there for me." I smiled up at him.

Alex grins. "Yeah, I had a great time, too. We should do this again sometime."

"Yeah, I'd like that." I smiled back, and he pulled me into a long hug. It was kind of awkward, though, since Alex was more than a foot taller than me, almost two. "Uh, Alex, my neck is starting to hurt."

Alex quickly backed away, his face turning a light red. "Oh, yeah, sorry 'bout that." He lets out a nervous laugh.

"It's fine." I chuckle, then offer my hand. "Let's go in?"