Chapter 11 - Broken Past (Minecon Day 3 Part 3)

AN: Changed the cover :D

~~~~~

Thomas.

The guy who cheated on me with his ex. The guy who shattered my heart. He was here. He was coming towards me. What should I do? Without thinking, I ran out of the restaurant and out onto the street, frantically looking for a place to hide.

"El! Where are you going?!" Alex yelled after me. Shoot, I had forgot all about him. Now I had no other choice but to tell him about Thomas, who was still walking towards me.

"Lizabeth!" Thomas yelled, trying to push his way through the crowd of confused customers.

Thankfully, Alex got to me first. "What's going on? What's wrong?"

"It's him. He's here. We have to go, now." I tried to run away, but Alex grabbed my arms and held me in place. No. No, no, no. Thomas was getting closer by the second.

"El, calm down. Who? Who's here? You need to calm down."

"Lizabeth!" Thomas screamed. He was only a few feet away, and he was running.

Alex turned around. "Is that him? Thomas?" He whispered.

I nodded as Thomas approached us.

"What the hell do you want?!" I yelled, desperately trying to hold in tears.

"We need to talk. Alone." Thomas glared at Alex. "Who are you?"

"Stop it!" I exclaimed, tears pooling up in my eyes. "No! I don't want to talk. I don't want you here. Go away!"

"Please! Just give me a chance. We have to talk about this."

A stray tear falls down my cheek, and Alex steps in front of me. "She said no. Go away. She doesn't want you here." He glared at Thomas.

People started to stare at us, and there was even a small crowd forming, as if we were a street show. I started to feel uncomfortable. "We can't do this here." Thomas whispered, seething.

"Then don't do it at all." Alex said, furious.

"Get out of the way! You don't even know what's going on!" Thomas tries to push Alex out of the way, but he doesn't budge. Thomas was tall, about 5'11", but Alex was taller. I was grateful for that. "I'm sorry Lizabeth! Listen to me! I still love you!"

That hit me like a ton of bricks. Even now, a tiny part of me still loved him, and wanted him back. I'd pushed those thoughts away by telling myself he didn't love me, since he had cheated. Sadly, here he was, telling me the exact opposite. Telling me that he still loved me.

Should I believe him? Should I give him another chance? Millions of questions and thoughts swirled through my head, making me at bit dizzy. Then, I remember something.

I peer around Alex so I can look at Thomas. He tries to block me, but I push him back gently. "It's fine." I whispered.

"If you loved me," I began. "Why didn't you follow me? Why didn't you try to get me back? You knew where I would go. You knew you were faster than me. You could've ran after me. Instead, you moved away, to here, I'm guessing. I haven't seen you in 2 years, Thomas, almost 3! Why?"

"I-I..." Thomas was obviously shocked by my question.  "I don't know what to say."

I wasn't surprised. "Like I thought. You're a joke, Thomas. You never cared. Come on, Alex, we're leaving."

Thomas stood there, shell-shocked, as I pushed through the crowd and speed-walked down the street. Alex shot one last glare to Thomas before running after me.