Chapter 13 - Too Fast (Minecon Day 3 Part 4/Day 4 Part 1)

if we move too fast,
we'll break things.
if we move too slow,
we'll miss things.
and if we don't move
at all, we won't see
things for how
beautiful they truly
are.

- by r.m Drake

~~~~~

I sat there, petrified, rooted to the bed. I could've run after him. I could've said sorry. I could've said 'I love you too.', because I did. I knew I did, I was just too scared. Could it be true? Is it possible? Can two people fall in love in less than a week? I shook my head, clearing my thoughts, and sighed. It was obvious: He... we were going too fast. I felt too rushed, too pressured to give Alex an answer. I still didn't feel like I knew him all that well, and there's a lot I haven't told him about me. I can't do this, I thought. Not now, at least. I have to talk to him. I yawned. Maybe I'll tell him tomorrow morning, I was exhausted.

I lied back down on the bed, immediately falling asleep.

~~~

I woke up later than usual the next morning, at 10:30 am. Alex should be up by now, but what about Ross? He'll know something's up if I say I want to talk to Alex, alone. I sit up in bed, stretching and yawning. I decide to get ready for the day before talking to anyone.

Once I'm dressed and my hair is fixed, I walk into the guys' room, looking around. Huh, empty. I knock on the bathroom door. Nobody's there, either. Ross's phone is even left on the bedside table. I start to panic a little, thinking something bad happened. Just as I'm about to call 911, I see a note on the kitchen counter.

Went out to look at the shops around town. We'll see you at lunch with the Yogscast. Call if you need anything.

-Ross

Thank goodness. I thought they got kidnapped or something. I check the time. 11:00 am. I have half and hour before I should start walking to the restaurant. I sigh. I was planning to talking to Alex this morning, I guess I'll have to do it tonight instead.

After cleaning up the room and gathering laundry (clothes were all over the floor, men are disgusting), I headed out, grabbing Ross's phone.

The streets weren't that crowded, so I decided to walk instead of taking a cab. I admired the sights of people dancing and singing on the streets, and even stood and watched a few magicians. I was a little late to lunch, but it was worth it. Approaching the restaurant, I saw everyone bunched up outside.

"Hey guys!" I waved from afar, and a few of them waved back, including Ross, but not Alex, who seemed to ignore me. I hesitated a bit, then ran over, stopping in front of Ross, holding out his phone. "Here, you left it at the hotel when you left this morning."

"Thanks. You woke up late."

"There's a lot on my mind."

"Care to tell?"

I pause, glancing at Alex. He doesn't look at me. "Work, I guess." I lie.

Ross narrows his eyes at me. "Really? You-"

"Hey, Liz! We were waiting for you!" Hannah cuts in, saving me. "What took you so long? We're all starving!" She laughs.

I sigh out of relief. "Sorry, I got distracted along the way. Let's go in?"

"Yeah!" Hannah walks to the door, leading the way inside with Lewis.

I rush to Alex, attempting to catch him before we go in. "Hey, can we-" He pushes past me totally ignoring me. I pout. This was going to be harder than I thought.