Chapter 25 - Happiness

My heart goes out to the people in France. Stay strong, everyone. #PrayForParis
Dèsolè pour ton perte. Je t'aime. D:

AN: Thank you all soooo much for 2k views! I feel like I should do something special but I don't know what xD Give me some ideas ppl :D

P.S. Sorry for not being able to update in a while! I've had a lot of writer's block lately and I've been really busy with school :/

Song: Mine by Phoebe Ryan

~~~~~

When she was just a girl, she expected the world.
But it flew away from her reach, and the bullets catch in her teeth.
Life goes on, it gets so heavy,
The wheel breaks the butterfly. Every tear a waterfall,
In the night, the stormy night, she'll close her eyes.
In the night, the stormy night, away she'd fly.

And dream of Paradise.
She'd dream of Paradise.

And so, lying underneath those stormy skies,
She'd say, "Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
I know the sun must set to rise."

This could be Paradise.

- from Paradise by Coldplay

~~~~~

"Did you tell Hannah about us?" I asked Alex after an hour of reading.

Alex glanced at me. "Yeah, why?"

I shrugged. "Just wondering." I put my book down on my lap and closed it. "Who else did you tell?"

"Uh...." He paused without putting his book down. "Lewis. Trott."

"Is that it?"

"Yes." He mumbled.

I crossed my arms. "You sure?"

"Hannah may have told some other people." He replied, still mumbling.

I sighed. "More like the whole office." I huffed. "I'm gonna make lunch. Wanna help?" I asked, getting up.

"Uh," Alex checked the time. "Sure." He got up and followed me out

When we got to the kitchen, I leaned against the counter. "So, what do you want?"

He shrugged. "Whatever works."

"Pizza it is." I snapped my fingers. "Work on the meat?" I asked, pointing at Alex.

"Right." He turned around to look through the fridge, while I got out some flour.

When the dough was made, I threw some flour onto the counter and started to roll it. Unfortunately, the roller was really heavy and I wasn't strong enough to flatten the dough. I wasn't about to admit that, though.

After a few minutes of struggling, Alex took notice. "Want me to help with that?" He offered, giving me a funny look.

"Nuh uh." I scoffed. "I got this."

"Hm." He replied. "You got some flour in your hair, by the way."

"I do?" My hands immediately flew to my hair.

Suddenly, Alex reached into the flour container, grabbed a handful, and threw it all at my head.

"Ah!" I shrieked. Great. Now there was flour in my hair. Flour everywhere, actually. "You a**!" I laughed, then threw a full handful back.

We went back and forth until I picked up a spatula and started whacking him on the arm. "Ah, wait! Truce, truce." Alex stepped away and held out his hand. "Truce?"