Chapter 19 - Return (Minecon Day 7 Part 2)

It was only 2:00 pm when I pulled up at the girls' hotel to drop them off, so I silently hoped that the guys wouldn't be at the hotel when I got there.

"Well, we'll see you at 4:00." Morgan said as she climbed out.

"You sure you don't want to stay for the party? I bet it's gonna be amazing. You have to stay." Jessica pleaded.

I frowned. "Sorry, I'll want to get some sleep in before the week starts. It's going to get really busy. Maybe on Friday."

She smiled. "Alright, then. See you!"

"Bye!" I rolled up the window, then drove off to the airport to return the car. Once that was done, I decided to walk to the hotel to burn time. However, ten minutes into the walk, I immediately regretted that decision.

Chris was about ten feet away from me, and walking in my direction, though it didn't look like he could see me. What was he doing out here alone? Shoot, if he's here, that must mean the others must be close by. I attempted to hide by walking behind some tall people, but to no avail. Chris saw me.

"El?" He stood there, confused for a bit.

"Oh, hey, Chris. Funny seeing you here, hehe..." I said nervously.

"Where the h*** have you been?!"

"Off." I shrugged.

"You can't just run away like that! We were worried!"

I grimaced. "How mad is he?"

"Oh, he's going to be very mad. Like, the Hulk mad."

I laughed. "So, wait, you're not that mad at me?"

"Well, you're alive, so I'll let it pass. At least give us a warning next time, ok?"

"Sure, sure. Where are the others?" I looked around nervously.

"There in that shop there. Want me to call them over?" Chris points to a shop across the street.

"No no no." I waved my arms around. "You can't tell them I'm here."

Chris laughed. "Not ready to face Ross's wrath, huh?"

"Yeah, sure."

He sighs. "Fine. Not my fault if you get caught, though."

I smiled. "Thanks, Chris. I'll see you later, ok? At the pre-show."

"Yup. Hey, we'll talk later, ok?"

"Yeah, 'course."

Chris nodded and waved before I dashed off in the direction of the hotel.

I ran into my room and locked the door behind me. I had to do this quickly before they came back. I took off my t-shirt and put on a blouse, then swapped my denim shorts for some colored ones. I made it out of the hotel and around the corner just before the guys walked in.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I call a taxi, directing the driver to the convention center, where I assumed the meetup would be.

~~~

When I walked into the small meeting room, I did a quick scan for anybody I knew. There weren't that many people here yet, so I decided to wander around the center for a while before coming back.

Engineers were bustling around the stage, just like they had been when I first came here. The place was a bit busier, however, as some of the staff were also setting up the computers and arranging chairs. What were the computers for? Maybe they decided to try something new this year. I lingered there for a few minutes before returning.