Part Three

Three

Eight years ago...

"So why aren't you telling me where we are going?" Tris asks for the thousandth time.

"Tris, this is our first date, and I want to make it special. Just by telling you would, one, not make it as special, and two, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."

"I hate surprises, did you know that?" She tells him.

"No, but now I know. And because of that, I plan on making more surprises for you." He grins.

She rolls her eyes, "yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Okay, we are here, you can take you blindfold off." Tris unties the cloth that is wrapped around her eyes.

"Wow, it's breathtaking." It was. He had taken her to a nearby beach a few miles north from their dorms, and set up candle lights and shaped them into a heart. In the middles of the enormous heart, there was a small table for two. He set up two a lovely meal, with homemade fettuccine he cooked accompanied with a bottle of champaign. The sun was setting which made the scenery even more beautiful.

"You know, I'm only eighteen. I'm too young to have champaign." She tells him, still awestruck.

"So? I'm only twenty, I'm also too young."

"Wow, you're old."

"Yes Tris, I am so old." He says sarcastically. "Two years is really insurmountable, isn't it?"

"Definitely." He leads her to the table and pulls up one of the chairs for her to sit on. "Thank you."

"Of course."

They talk for awhile. They talk about the most random things. From college to their hobbies, to the most random things, like ducks.

"No! Unicorns are better than horses." She defends.

"I beg to differ. Unicorns are too...feminine." He jokingly cringes.

"Shut up."

"Do you want to go on a beach walk?"

"Well it would makes sense, since we are in a beach." She responds.

"Okay, let's go." He stands up from his chair and places his hand out for her. Once her hand comes in contact with his, he immediately entwines it with hers.

"Dance with me?" He blurts out randomly in the middle of their walk?"

"Wait, we don't even have music."

"Oh right." He talks out an iPod her brought along with him and earphones along with it. It's funny, the way his logic works.

She laughs, "okay, I guess this will suffice." After placing the earbud in her ear, she places her arms around his neck. He puts his on her waist and brings her closer. They are pressed against to each other swaying to the beat of the music.

"I never thought that you would be the one to hold me heart.

But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start.

You put your arms around me

And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go

You put your arms around me and I'm home."

He pulls away a little so he can look her in the eye. He was wrong, so wrong. He always told himself that he wouldn't find someone worth loving. He told himself that he wasn't capable of love, because love is overrated. But, no. She is worth loving. She is worth fighting for. She is the one that makes him want to get out of bed everyday just so he can see her face. Ane he knows that somewhere in his heart maybe, maybe she is the one. The one that will be his forever.