Part Eleven

This chapter is all over the place, but bare with me. I thought summer would be easier to update and write, but my summer school is just as bad a regular school. But that's what I get for wanting to get ahead in math. I'm thinking of publishing my new story this coming Friday, going to turn fifteen. Going strong. So that's my gift to you. And bare with me, there may be some errors. But enjoy!

Chapter Eleven

Four years ago...

Tris remembers to buys extra bottles of champagne this time because last time, Uriah manage to knock out all of the bottles causing them to break and shatter against the hardwood floor.

Champagne has got to be one of Tris' top ten alcohol drinks. She loves it so much because it reminds her of her first date with Tobias and how she felt so scandalous drinking under age, even if she was only three month under the age of twenty-one.

As Tris buys five bottles of the alcohol, three for the party and two for herself later. She roams through the different aisles piling her shopping cart with large bags of chips and soda. She also buys other food to cook for the party.

New Years isn't something that Tris looks forward to. Yeah, it's a nice feeling of making it through three hundred sixty-five days of torture, but New Year's party gets boring after a while.

Tris finds herself spending a little too much money for this party that Tobias thought would be a good idea for. He had recently proposed so this is where she and him will be announcing the engagement. She plays with the ring as the cashier scans and bags her items into paper bags. Never in her life would she have thought that there would be a ring on her left ring finger. She always thought she would die alone with her futuristic cat named Theo.

"Cash or credit?"

Tris is pulled away from her thoughts as the cashier stares annoyingly at her.

"Oh, sorry, here." She hands the man her credit card that earns her an eye roll. Some people are just so rude.

Tris smiles sweetly at the cash register man in a sarcastic sense. She wheels her cart outside the store after she finishes checking out and buying her items. She's already impatient with this whole shopping trip that Tobias forced her into.

"I hate you." Tris says immediately as she answers her phone.

"What did I do this time?" Tobias pulls on his hair as he smiles into the phone.

"Next time, you are going to go grocery shopping for this party. After all, it is your party." She says into the phone.

"Was it that bad?"

"I mean it was okay. I just don't like grocery shopping in general. Some people literally have to learn to leave their cart one one side of the aisle. No one can fucking get anywhere if your cart is literally smack daddy in the middle. Like jeez. And don't get me started on this one lady. She started screaming at me of 'being in the way'. Like what the fuck? She was like 'Ma'am I don't appreciate you hogging the space in this aisle'. Like excuse me, I don't appreciate you and your damn dog drooling all over my shoes. That's right bitch, your dog is stupid. Ugh, like people these days. They literally need to learn." She continues rambling about her horrid grocery trip.

Tobias had put his phone down to make a cup of coffee. He put the phone on speaker, but left it two rooms down. He comes back in time as she finishes her rant.

He wings it. "I agree."

"It's so nice to finally let it all out to someone." Tris says.

"Mhm." He hums.