Part Six

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving, guys! I hope you all stuff your faces with food and appreciate all the little things we/you have. If you don't celebrate this holiday, or if you're weird like all those Canadians and celebrate it in October(?) then, have a great day nonetheless. I'm just kidding, Canada is an awesome country. Hope you enjoy!

Six

Five years ago...

"How the fuck do you burn a turkey?" Tris laughs as she throws a rag at Tobias which he he easily catches and throws back at her.

"Aren't you supposed to leave it in overnight?" He asks his girlfriend.

"No! It's supposed to cook for at least four hours. If it's 20-25 pounds then it should cook for at least four and a half hours." Tris groans. "You, my dear Tobias, are absolutely hopeless." Tris steps closer to Tobias and grabs a fistful of his blue t-shirt. She can't help herself, he's too damn attractive. Tris has to go on her very tippy-toes and Tobias has to bend down for their lips in order to touch.

"Mmm." She smiles into the kiss.

"I love your height." He sighs when they pull apart. "You're like a little munchkin." Tobias squishes her cheeks together and rub them.

"Ha-ha. Make fun of me all you want-" Tris goes back to the stove to finish cooking the stuffing that they may not need anymore (thanks Tobias!). "-Because I'm used to it by now."

"I love you." These three words causes Tris to smile.

"I want you to pick up another turkey. If you leave now, maybe we can actually have turkey by the time everyone comes." Tobias hangs his head a little.

"Okay, mom." He rolls his eyes. "I'll be back in half an hour then."

She spends the next half an hour finishing up her side dishes. Everyone else is going to bring some of the main courses. That's how it is in their family. The host usually makes the turkey and a few side dishes while everyone else helps contribute by bringing other dishes. Her parents, Natalie and Andrew, live in the suburbs of Chicago, two hours away from Tris' and Tobias' rather large apartment. Caleb, however, lives in the city with Susan, so it's not that big of a problem for them to visit. Her parents will be staying with Caleb after their Thanksgiving gathering.

"I'm here!" A rather annoyingly chirpy voice says.

"Thank god you're here. Can you help me with the pumpkin pie?" Tris doesn't have to turn around to know that one of her best friends, Uriah, is here.

"Sure, honey." Uriah sing-songs. "I brought the classic mashed potatoes. Zeke's going to arrive with Mom later, so don't worry about them.

"Okay."

Tobias finally shows up with a new turkey. "Hey Uri."

Tris takes the turkey from him. "I don't trust you with this anymore. Uriah, can you season the turkey and then pop it into the oven?" She hands the meat to Uriah.

"Yeah, of course." Tris goes back to the stove, once again. Tobias quietly sneaks behind her and wraps his arms around her waist rocking her side to side. Her buries his head in the crook of her head.

"You're amazing, did you know that?"

"I know. You don't have to tell me twice." Tris smiles.

"You're so full of yourself." His tickles her sides earning a squeal coming from her. "I love you."

"I love you too, my Tobias."

Present Day...

"I love November!" Tris exclaims. It's been a month since Vidcon, and Tris has finally been able to move forward to the fact that she had to re-encounter Tobias.