Eighteen

A/N: Hi guys. I just want to take a brief moment to say thank you to those of you who messaged me saying you want me to continue this story. I was so inspired that I wrote this chapter yesterday and well here I am! I really hope to finish this story, but I don't want to make any promises. I haven't been writing in a long time, and I hope this isn't just a phase and then me leaving again for good. I really want to make you guys proud.

The main reason why I stopped writing was that I kind of had no idea about the direction of this story. I felt like there was no storyline and no plot. After re-reading, I kind of realized that nothing interesting has happened in the story. In the end, I had no idea what to write about and that's what caused me to lose interest in this story. I had been reading so many fanfics too at the time, and I was reading so much that I felt there were no more stories to read. It's been three years now and I'm sure many stories have been published. It saddens me knowing some of my favorite authors I used to read do not publish as much nowadays either. But anyway, I took the time to figure where I wanted this story to go. I feel pretty good about it. There's going to be more drama and what not to keep the story interesting. I feel like I tend to write a lot of fluff, but I guess you just have to bear with me and trust me haha! I know this is a really long message, but I wanted you guys to know where I'm at and give you guys an explanation. I really do apologize for this three-year hiatus. Bear with me, it's been a long while since I've been writing. This chapter was just easing back into the groove and seeing where things are for me. I hope you enjoy. Once again, thank you to everyone who showed me support. It means so much. I love you guys! Please let me know what you guys think! Lots of love!

Chapter 18

Five Years Ago...

"Do you think we would ever have kids, Tris?" Tris breaks her attention from the television and looks up to see Tobias staring intensely at her for an answer. Her chest flutters when he implies the notion they may have kids together in the future. They're not even engaged, and yet, she cannot believe he is asking her about their future.

"Well, I hope to. Why? Do you not want to have kids?" Her eyebrows begin to furrow.

'No—wait—no, yes? I mean," He takes a deep breath as he starts to confuse himself. "Yes, I do want to have kids. I do want to have kids." He says again. "I was just curious." Tobias lets out nervous laughter and cratches the back of his head.

Tris suppresses a smile and tilts her head. "Okay." She leans down to press a kiss on his cheek. She turns her attention back to the sitcom playing on the TV.

A few minutes pass as thoughts run through Tobias' head.

"What about marriage?" Tobias blurts out, once again, interrupting her attention from the television.

"Yeah?" She asks, her heart suddenly racing and her chest feeling a little tighter. "And what about marriage?"

"Well like—", Tobias stares at his hands as he plays with his fingers. "Well, like where do you see yourself in the next five years, you know?"

Real smooth, Tobias. He thinks to himself. Just pray she doesn't think you are an idiot.

He prepares himself for the worst as she starts to answer. "Uhm, well I guess I never really thought about that. I'm still pretty young, and I still have to finish school. So I guess maybe in five years I'll have a solid career in engineering maybe photography. I don't know." She scratches her head and thinks for a split second. "I hope to be still making videos with Uriah. I guess, I'll be twenty-six in five years, so that's kind of young though. I hope we are still together in five years. But I'm not sure if I am ready for kids until I'm at least in the late twenties or early thirties?" Tris answers, thinking out loud.