Part Eight

Finding Home

Chapter 8

Three years ago...

"I'm here! I'm here!" Tris burst through the doors of her childhood home as all eyes land on her. "Oh shit, did I just interrupt something?"

"Beatrice!" Her mother scolds her, "language."

"Oh, shit, sorry." It takes her a few seconds to realize what she just said. "Fuck, I'm sorry. Shit. Ugh, why do I keep doing that? Do you know what? I'm just going to stop talking." Caleb watches in amusement as his little sister struggle for words. "Don't look at me like that, you smug son of a...uh...ah...right, nevermind."

Tris stops talking and drops her several bags of Christmas presents she bought for everyone. "I'll be right back, there are more bags in my trunk."

"I'll help." Susan, Caleb's fiancé, says immediately and follows Tris outside.

"Hi Susan." Tris goes in for a hug, and her soon to be sister returns it with a smile. "How's the planning for the wedding going?"

"It's great! Thanks for asking." Her expression immediately changes. "I heard what happened with Tobias. I'm so sorry."

The mere thought of Tobias makes her want to curl up in a ball and cry. She really loved Tobias and what he did to her hurt her in so many ways. So that's what she does.

Out of nowhere, Tris bursts out crying. Her shoulders slump and go up and down in a rapid manner as she cries. "I'm sorry, I'm such a mess." She cries.

Susan mentally panics for a moment because she doesn't know how to deal with situations like this. So, she goes with her instincts and wraps her in a tight hug. "Tobias is an asshole." For a moment, Tris is surprised with Susan's language. She usually keeps to herself with it comes to cussing words. "And if he can't see how beautiful you are both inside and out, then he can go to fucking hell."

This causes Tris to laugh. "Susan, you're such a naughty girl for swearing."

She smiles. "Well...I have no words to respond to that, but we should probably go back in."

"Right," Tris sniffs and wipes her bloodshot eyes. "It's Christmas, right?"

"Mhm. Oh, by the way, by brother should be coming soon. He just texted me saying he's going to be a little late."

"Oh cool. What's his name again?"

"Robert."

Tris lets out a breath. "Huh."

+++

"Tris Prior!" Tris turns around is greeted by a familiar looking face. "What are you doing here?

"Robert? I didn't know you were related to Susan." She says.

He smiles, "I'm hurt, she has not mentioned anything about me?"

"No, I guess not. Oh my apologies, come in." Tris moves out of the way and allows Robert to come in.

"It's been what? Five? Six weeks since we met at the café? Small world isn't it?"

Tris, concludes, that he has a very charming smile. He almost looks like Chris Evans without all of the huge, bulging muscles...

Mm...Captain America.

"Yeah, I guess." Tris spends the next five minutes admiring his face. Yup, he looks so much like Chris Evans. Same green eyes, and golden blonde hair. She wonders how she didn't see it before.

"Is there something on my face?"

"No! It's just you look so much like-" Tris struggles for words.