Part Seven

Happy New Years, guys! Best of wishes for the next 366 days!! I just came home from China and had the best 18 hours sleep of my life...whoops?   

Chapter 7

Three years ago...

Christina's heart aches as she hears loud cries from the other room. Last night, Tris came into her apartment a sobbing mess. Christina is totally unfamiliar with this Tris. She's only had one other boyfriend in her life and that was Uriah. Even then, their breakup was mutual and did not even up in a heaping mess.

"Tris, babe." Christina lightly knocks on Tris' old bedroom door. She carries a wooden tray with with two blueberry pancakes, a bowl of yogurt, and apple juice. Fresh squeezed apple juice. If apple juice was a food and not a drink, Tris would probably live off of it. Apples are meh, but apple juice is like a freaking gift from the heavens to Tris. "I brought you some breakfast."

The loud cries suddenly disappear and gradually turn into soft whimpers. Christina takes that as a signal to come in, so she slowly opens the door to find Tris laying flat on her face and stomach.

"Oh honey." Christina sighs. She places the tray on the empty night stand and sits on the edge of the bed. "You have to eat."

"I don't want to. I'm not hungry." Her voice is muffled from the pillow.

"Okay. Sit up." Christina rips the blanket off of her and attempts to place her into a sitting position. "Oh okay. You're a lot heavier than I remembered, which makes no sense because you're as skinny as a hell. Totally not fair, I'd kill to have a beach body like yours." She mutters to herself.

"Christina." Tris whimpers. "I just want to be left alone."

"I know you do, babe. But bottling up these feelings up is not going to be any use. And plus, I'd like to give that dip shit, Four, a piece of my mind."

"Please don't. I'd rather not see him."

"All of your stuff is in his apartment. You are going to have to see him eventually."

"I'm never going to that damn apartment ever again. He can have all my stuff, I refuse to ever step foot in a mile radius of his home." She angrily says as she wipes off another tear.

"Tris, you're just angry--"

"Of course I'm angry!" She cries. "You want to know what happened last night? I went home and he was asleep. He freaking slept with another girl. Do you know how much that crushed me? How long has he been cheating on me? A day? A week? A month? A year? And that's not even the worst part. He said he didn't love." Her voice wavers and she goes back to sobbing into her pillow. "He played me Chris, and we were going to get married next month."

Christina allows all the information to sink in, which just makes her heart ache even more for her best friend. The worst feeling in he world is being cheated on. To have someone totally demolish your trust and everything they ever did. She can't even imagine what Tris is going through.

When Christina looks back at Tris, she is fast asleep. Good, because she needs to rest. She's been through hell and back. Christina silently prays that Tris would be alright. She will help her get through this shit, Four made. She hates him for it.

Oh what she's going to do when she gets her hands on him...

+++

"Hey." Christina stumbles into her, well, their apartment now, with several boxes in one hand. "So I got Will to help me--"

She sees Tris buried into the couch with several blankets laying over her, and holding a Ben and Jerry's tube of ice cream in her hands. Of course, she's watching her favorite movie, The Avengers.