❄️Done?❄️

Bentley's P.O.V

Finally! The house was peaceful. The girls were fast asleep. There were no wedding planners or nagging friends just silence which over the past six months rarely ever lasted in this house. "Bentley!" Ava screamed marching into the living room where I sat on the couch. Remaining silent I just looked at her for two reasons; one being that I enjoyed admiring her natural beauty and two I knew exactly what she was so worked up about. "Baby?" I asked when I got tired of her just standing there glaring at me. "Don't baby me Bentley why do you keep taking the invitations out of the mail?" She asked waving the ivory colored envelopes in the air.

"I really don't know why you act like you don't know." I said already fed up with the conversation before walking out of the living room and into the kitchen. "Bentley they are family and they deserve to join us on our special day." She said in a small voice. I stopped all movement turning around I looked down at my future wife and the mother of my children. "Ava they don't deserve anything. Especially not that. Normally when someone disowns you it really means that they no longer see you as anything related to them. Nothing but a stranger. So please tell me why would I allow you to invite your grandparents Ava?" I seethed.

"And who's fault is it that my own grandparents disowned me Bentley?" She asked looking at me as if  dearing me to answer her question which just made me even more pissed. "I would really like it if you'll answer that fucking question for me Ava. I really would." I said patiently awaiting her response. "You are!" She screamed throwing the feather like envelopes into the air before grabbing a random glass and throwing it against the cabinet on the other side of the kitchen. It's official she's gone completely crazy! Not literally though, the doctor said its postpartum depression but still when she's acting this crazy I could care less what depression it was.

"I don't really think I should take all the blame babe. You knew fully well that the color of my skin would affect your relationship with your fucking racist grandparents yet you willingly formed a relationship with me.It takes two to tango love and out of it you bore not one but two 'half breads' as your grandfather prefers to call them. I am sorry that I am not  a few shades darker or have more melanin in my skin with kinky hair Ava but I thought that maybe just maybe I was lucky enough to find somebody who truly loved me for me and didn't care what other people thought about me!" I screamed frustration taking over.

This shit has been a frequent argument ever since we started planning for this wedding. I knew that the stuff with her grandmother bothered her but I guess now I truly  know why it bothered her that much. "Bentley I...," "Ava I don't  really care what you have to say to me right now. Just know that I don't regret anything that happened between us but clearly you do. I really don't get why though you lost two people who you loved  and you brought two beautiful human beings into the world in return. You act like you're the only one who has lost somebody you loved. Just know that if you meant anything to your grandparents they would've never tossed you aside alienating you when you needed them the most." I said calmly before I left the kitchen and walked out of the house.

God I knew that she fucking blamed me for the shit that happened with her grandparents. Yet I allowed her to convince me other wise. I just sat in my parked sports car staring into space. It's not as if I didn't try to make her happy. I did every and anything possible in order to make her and the girls comfortable and happy. I sat out in the garage for about an hour before I knew that I was calm enough to go back into the house. "I'm sorry. I don't blame you for what happened and you're right if they truly loved me they wouldn't have abandoned me when I really needed them. I have all the family I need right here with you and I love you with all of me Bentley." She said tears flowing down her cheeks. Even though I was a bit hurt I knew that she didn't really mean what she said. Maybe she was just yearning for the family, not me and the kids but who she knew all her life. "It's okay baby." I said pulling her in for a tight hug.