Chapter Two. Graced with His Presence... Or cursed.

My life completely sucks sometimes.

Well, majority of the time, but that's besides the point.

When I arrived at school, the students were ordered to immediately go to the gym for an emergency assembly.  Sitting beside my two best friends, McKayla and James, we took our usual places in the bleachers at the very top.

"Oh my gosh, could she look any more pathetic?" I heard a nasal-voice whisper in front of me. Mrs. Nasal-Voice happened to be the head cheerleader, and my ex-best friend, Haylie Vanders.

Knowing she was talking about me, and not caring at all that half the football team was sitting around her, I leaned down to her ear, hidden in her dyed blond hair and whispered,"Maybe you should put your mirror away then."

She turned around to face me with her big green eyes full of anger and shock, and raised a pink manicured hand to her lips.

"Brucey!" She whined to the quarterback currently attached to her arm. "She's being mean to me."

"Oh, please. All I did was tell the truth." I snorted, rolling my eyes as well.

"Uh, I don't think I was talking to you, dearest bitch." Haylie seethed. That stopped me cold where I was.

Haylie was the only person who knew about my step-dad, and she had the nerve to say that to me? Granted we aren't on the best of terms right now after I caught her cheating with my ex-boyfriend, but there was just a little spark of hope that remained inside my chest that I could forgive her.

Whatever. Screw forgiveness.

With anger swelling up inside of me, I looked down at a smug Haylie and a confused Bruce.

"Fuck you, ho." I said with as much vemon in my voice as I could muster.

Haylie literally shrunk before my eyes, and Bruce would even turn around to tell me off.

Huh. Weird...

He would normally be all over me for yelling at his girlfriend and how I should be more respectful and know my place.

I turned to McKayla to ask what was up with them, but the assembly had started.

"Mr. Mitches will no longer be teacher here at Skyland High due to the evidence found against him in the police investigation last week." Principal Lyons had to pause in the middle of her speech because the gym erupted in cheers and applause.

Ever since Mr. Mitches was accused of harassing a tenth grader in the girls' locker room, the police have been crawling all over the school grounds. At first, no one could even believe Mr. Mitches, a forty year old, happily married man with three could would even consider that, until the girl admitted that she and Mr.Mitches had been having an affair, and that he never did anything to her that she didn't want.

That obviously didn't work in Mr.Mitches favor, but still. The girl tried.

"No matter what you might think,"Principal Lyons continued," Life Skills is a required class and you will be tested on the subject at the end of the year. Meaning, we have a new teacher." Principal Lyons smiled as the seniors, including me, let out a collective groan and her chocolate brown eyes brightened. I heard a sigh come from my right.

I turned only to find James resting his head on his hand staring at Principal Lyons.

"She may seem like a complete hard-tail in front of us, but underneath all the Principal armor is a beautiful woman." James said, his green eyes filled with love. I laughed and ruffled his black hair which he hates.

"What's he sayin', Dom?" McKayla asked me from my right.

I looked over to her, and said," He's crushing on Principal Lyons."

 I watched as her black hair swung around her face and her blue eyes widen with horror as she shook her head.

"Oh no, James. Not again?" McKayla asked desperately. "I thought you liked-"

"Ahem!" Principal Lyons interupted. "Mrs.Rosely, would you mind zipping your mouth long enough for me to at least announce the teachers name?" Principal Lyons asked although it sounded like an order.

"Yes, mother." McKayla muttered, seeming to shrink like Kaylie under her mothers' withering gaze.

"Thank You."Principal Lyons said. " As I was saying, his name is Mr.Hart and, from what I understand, he is an excellent teacher and has wonderful recommendations. So, shall we meet him?" Flipping her blond hair over one shoulder, Principal Lyons gestured to the gym doors that led into the main hallway that opened and Mr. Hart stepped over the threshold.

My breath, literally, was gone.

I had seem some gorgeous people in my life. Whenever my injuries would be bad enough to require medical attention, I would lay in the hospital bed and check out the doctors. But this man, this.... Dominate presence, deserved to be on a run-way, instead of a school gym.

"Oh my heavens. Never mind your mom, McKayla. I want to tap that." James muttered.

I barely heard him. I was focused on the dark-headed angel walking across the linoleum gym floor. His black hair swung around his chin and his dark blue eyes scanned the crowd. He had a little five o' clock shadow but all that did was make him even more handsome.

The tight black shirt that he wore clung to his muscles that rippled with every movement he made. Mr.Hart's jeans ran low, but not in the "Falling Off" zone. Just enough to make you wonder what was underneath. Which I did, of course.

Principal Lyons was noticablly chipper as Mr.Hart stopped beside her and shook her hand.She all but through herself at Mr.Harts feet.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see two reactions.

McKayla dropping her head in embarrassment, and James clenching his fist in anger.

I was simply staring.

Mr.Hart turned his gaze to the sea of amazed seniors, looking over every one, including the preps who were sticking their noses up in the air (Haylie included), to the sluts who were practically ripping their cloths off to get his attention, to the jocks who showing off their muscles trying to look bigger than the guy sitting next to them before finally resting on me.

Mr.Hart stared at me for a full minute, and then smiled lighting his dark eyes up, and sending my heart into over drive.

"Well." Mr.Hart's voice rumbled throughout the gym. "Here we go."

I looked at McKayla and James.

"Here we go." We whispered together.

*********

Soooooo. Did you like it?

:)

Airekia.

P.S.

 There will be more!!!!