Chapter Fifteen. Binding Blood.

I know it has been forever, and I'm extremo sorry.

But thank you, everyone, for reading, commenting, and even sending me messages :) I have a newly restored drive to write, and it is all due to you :)

So....

Enjoy!

Chapter Fifteen. Binding Blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~_____________________________~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You." 

Punch. A broken cheek. 

"Are." 

Punch. A black eye. 

"Pathetic." 

Kick. And now, broken ribs. 

My body slammed into the wall behind me before falling down into a crumpled heap. Dave lunged over to me, grabbed a fistful of my hair, and slammed my face into the floor, seven, eight, nine times, breaking my nose and busting my lip.  

Mother cowered in the corner, holding a plate in front of her face.  

Feebly clawing at his hand, I twisted in Dave's grip so that I was facing him, laying on my back. Snarling in my face, he slammed the back of my head against the floor, causing stars to dance before my eyes.  

Dom, why do you let him do this to us? Fight him! Cam ordered.  

I am not strong enough. I whimpered back.  

No, you're not, Cam agreed. But I am.  

What are you talking about? I whispered, the black clouds in my vision getting larger.  

Let me rise. Let me fight for you. Cam persuaded, and I felt a tug from somewhere deep inside of me.  

The idea was completely insane. 

And tempting.  

I can't do that. I argued, pulling back on the force.  

Why not? Cam countered. He has beaten you for years, Dom. Years! And you have the strength to stop it inside of you.  

Looking up at Dave's face, contorted in anger and lust, I realized that she was right.  

Thank you. Cam said, relieved.  

Somewhere deep inside of me, I felt a sharp tug, and then nothing.  

Darkness clouded over my eyes, and I was dead to the world.  

But a spark started from my heart, and sent little tingles throughout my body, each one pulsating more than the last.  

This might hurt... A lot. Cam whispered, and then I heard the unmistakable sound of a shotgun being fired.  

Suddenly, pain erupted from every inch of my body, sending white hot flares of light shinning behind my eyes.  

I felt like half of my head was missing and torture had taken its place, running over me again and again. 

Rivers of pain flooded my system and I couldn't move.  

Finally, after what seemed an eternity, the pain subsided and my body felt limp and used. 

"Is she dead?" I heard my mother whisper. "Is she finally gone?" 

"I think so... enough to kill an elephant." Dave's drunken slur assaulted my ears.  

"Thank the Heavens." My mother's relieved sigh was a knife to the chest.  

Literally. 

I felt it move through the air before it actually pierced my skin, and I was powerless to stop it. The cold metal knife cut through my chest with the ease of slicing butter.