Chapter Eight. Blood Does Matter.

I have come to the conclusion that sometimes... life sucks. My ribs are brusied, my belly button is now pierced, I am beaten black and blue from the soccer games, and I have no idea where my away soccer jersey is at. :( BUT, in spite of all that, I did a happy dance in the middle of my living room when I saw how many peple had added my story to their library, or even read it. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

I hope you enjoy!!!

Chapter Eight. Blood Does Matter.

"Do you know what a Cambion is?" Viktor asked Mr. Hart, who was staring open-mouthed at me.

"I have heard stories..." Mr. Hart whispered, seeming unable to catch any breath.

"Did you know that they are very aggressive, and will attack any enemy until they are dead? Or that they have super-speed? Or that they are the products of their mothers’ rapes? Or that they can communicate telepathically? Or-" I interrupted Viktor before he could continue.

“Will you shut up? No. He didn’t know, because I didn’t tell him, you arrogant asshole! This was my secret to tell and you had no right to burst in here like you owned the place! So why don’t you go back to Hell and say hi to Dad for me before I shove your front teeth down your throat, you pathetic excuse for a Demon Guard!!!!” I shouted at Viktor.

 And what did he do?

Ignored me.

Again.

"Basically, she is a freak among the demons of Hell." Viktor continued to laugh as though this was the funniest thing he had ever heard.

 I hate him. I hate him so much, my eyes were seeing red.

 Viktor leaned up against the door facing and crossed his arms across his chest.

 "So, how is it that a man of integrity, and honor wound up tied to the Devil's illegitimate child?" Viktor asked, still chuckling. Mr. Hart moved to one of the classroom desks and sat down, placing his hands over his face again. He looked shocked.

I knew I should have stayed away from him. He doesn't want a pathetic excuse of a human hybrid to spend the rest of his life with. I cursed at myself.

 Sometimes, D, you are a little hard on yourself. My voice said gently.

 "Shut up, Viktor. That's enough." I said, taking one step toward him. Viktor turned his grey eyes on me, and I watched as his turned a deep blood red.

 "Do not threaten me, Cambion. I have had many years of practice since our last encounter." Viktor growled. Like I should be scared. Which I wasn't.

 "My name is Dominick, Vikki" I snapped. Viktor’s' mouth dropped open in shock before he pushed himself off the door facing and began to rush me. When he raised his hand up, it stopped mid-swing.

 Mr. Hart was standing in between us with a hand firmly gripping Viktor’s' wrist, and looking at him with menacing eyes.

 "Do. Not. Touch. My. Mate." He said growled, slowly releasing Viktor. I had to restrain myself from doing a happy dance.

 "You just wait, Cambion. You're lucky he's here. But he won't be next time." Viktor warned, pointing a finger in my face. The air began to vibrate as a growl erupted from Mr. Hart's chest.

 "Listen to me, Vik. I am always going to be there. It's my duty as her mate." Mr. Hart said, standing in front of me. I forced myself not to breath deep. Why couldn't I be allergic to apples? Or cinnamon, even? 

"No matter the consequences, she is mine to protect and I will do so until the day I die. You know that. So why don’t you leave now, and we will continue this conversation later.” Mr. Hart suggested, still tense.

“Okay.” Viktor said, rubbing his wrist. “I will return this evening.” He looked intently at me, and tapped his head with his forefinger.

Do well to listen, Cousin. Viktor whispered in my mind.

I always do. I whispered back.