Chapter Tweleve. The Forgotten Brother.

I am so sorry this upload has taken FOREVER. But this was a very emotional chapter to write. And a little sexual, so all sheltered eyes, BEWARE.

Soooo……Here it is :)

Enjoy!!!

Chapter Twelve.  The Forgotten Brother.

Driving down the road the familiar road that twisted and curved, I looked out the window as we passed my house. Nearly having a heart attack, I ducked down in the passenger seat as I saw Dave walking out of the front door with my mother.

Pain erupted in my right leg, and Arian glanced over at me as I cursed in loud whisper.

“What is your issue?” He asked, keeping his eyes trained on the road.

“I hit my knee off of your ridiculously close dash board when I scooted down.” I complained, holding my knee and pushing the seat back so I could fit comfortably between the two.

“Well, why did you scoot down?” Arian asked, shaking his head at me.

“Because it wasn’t like I could just drive on pass my house with them outside and risk being seen.” I snapped, sitting back up in the seat, glaring at the side of his head.

A look crossed his face that left an empty feeling in the bottom of my stomach. He remained silent as we drove to his house, which was two stories and had a modern look to the building. He shut the Lamborghini off, and got out of the vehicle, with me trailing right behind him. He didn’t look back as he walked through his house door, and walked straight on into the kitchen. Standing in the threshold of the house, I debated whether or not to go after him.

“Would you like something to drink?” Arian asked his voice low and strained. 

Unused to this feeling in the center of my heart, I made my decision.

Following him, I found him sitting at the kitchen table with his head between both of his hands. Unable to control my motions, I laid on Arians’ shoulder, and I knew there was a questioning gaze on my face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, examining his face closely.

“Do you not want to be seen with me, Nika?” He asked softly, his dark blue eyes rising to meet mine

Great. Just great. Look what you’ve done, meanie. Cam snapped, making me feel completely awful.

“No. No. That’s not it.” I said, moving to hold his face between my hands. . Turning to face me, Arian dropped his      hands to rest on my waist and I had to think twice as hard to remember what I was saying. “If my parents had seen me, they wouldn’t hesitate to cause problems with you.”

Wrapping his arms around me, Arian laid his head on my shoulder.

“I guess I didn’t think of that.”  He said, his voice slightly muffled by my shirt.

By now, I was getting used to the tingles that erupted during physical contact, but the comfort and tenderness that followed was beyond my comprehension.

What am I doing?

He is a teacher.

I’m a student.

He’s a werewolf.

I’m a Cambion…

Romeo was a Montague and Juliet was a Capulet. Big deal. Cam said.

“Stop thinking so hard. You’re making my head hurt.” Arian muttered, holding me tighter.  

Damn… I love apple cinnamon.