Chapter Six. Affection.

Dedicated to my best friend, Cheyanne. I had writers block and without her this chapter would have ended a lot sooner than I would have hoped.

:) Soooo,

Chapter Six. Affection.

Enjoy!

The sun hadn't come up by the time I sat at one of the empty booths in the back of the warm coffee shop with my simple orange juice, apple and fruit cup. Taking my jacket off, I looked down at my breakfast and laughed. James never understood why a coffee shop would sell fruit, but I didn't question it. I brought my legs up in the seat and crisscrossed them as I stabbed a blue berry with my fork, and I thought over my life.

I don't remember my father. He left before I was born because he "couldn't be tied down." According to mom, she tried to look for him afterwards, but he used a fake name during their relationship. Mom even hired private investigators. They only found out a last name. 

Dare.

After finding that out, mom legally changed my last name to Dare.She said it was so I could apart of him, the daughter he abandoned, but I know the real reason.

Obviously, I don't get my looks from my mom, so I had to get them from my father. Mom can deny it all she wants, but I know she only looked for him because she wanted to get rid of me. I look to much like him for her love me.

I love you. My voice whined suddenly inside my head, making me jump 5 feet in the air.

But your me, so that's doesn't count. You can't think. I replied, rolling my eyes.

Yes it does. I disagree with you all the time. Clearly I can think for myself. My voice reasoned.

Uh-huh. Sure. I said, eating another piece of watermelon.

Mom met Dave when I was 3. By the time I was 4, I wanted him to be my father so bad it wasn't funny. He was so nice to me. We would play for hours at a time in the back yard, or in the living room. Mom would make us lemonade in the summer and her special hot chocolate in the winter. I remember when I was 5, it was Christmas ,and Dave wasn't there.

I cried for hours, because he was always around. Mom held out one of my presents and practically begged me to open it. I did, and Dave was inside of it.

I asked him where my present was and he told me that it was him. I looked at him, and he told me that he talked to Santa Clause and that he had given me a father. Then Dave proposed to my mother.

After their honeymoon, the beatings started.

When I was 13, the rapes started. As did the blood money Mom would pay me.

When I was 14, I had a miscarriage. That was fun. Try explaining that to your doctor.

When I was 15, I had my first stitches. They hurt. Alot.

When I was 16, I believe that was when I had to be admitted to the hospital for a week because Dave hit me over the head with a lamp... Or was that 17? I can't remember. The time is a bit fuzzy.

Suddenly, the door to the coffee shop opened and walked through a man looking as sexy as ever. 

I felt my eyes widen as my heart sped up, and I ducked my head almost doing a face plant in my orange juice.

Please don't see me. Please don't see me. I chanted over in my head even though every inch of me wanted to jump up with a neon sign.

I do believe what you are meaning is "Please come sit down beside me, and lick-" My voice was cut off by another that was right beside my ear.