Chapter Ten. The Explanation, Part 1.

Heyyyy :)

I had the worst migraine in history yesterday, so I couldn’t upload like I wanted to. :(

But! That is all behind me now.

Sooo!

On with the story!

Chapter Ten. The Explanation.

Finding a substitute teacher for Arians' class wasn't as hard as it should have been. However, leaving the school grounds was a different matter entirely. In the hallway, instead of parting like they did earlier for him, the girls of the senior class decided that they wanted to talk to him.

“Mr. Hart! I need help on this assignment!”

“Mr. Hart! I think I might need some tutoring. Preferably private.”

“Mr. Hart!”

“Ladies,” Arian said, smiling,” I am sorry to say, but I am actually leaving. If you need any help at all, you might want to conference with Mrs. Lyons about a tutoring program.” His words were followed by a wave of groans and depressed faces.

That man has these girls wrapped around his finger, I thought looking at the starlit expressions on the girls faces.

 Is someone jealous? Cam asked, mockingly.

Shut up. I replied.

Pushing through the sea of girls, I managed to make it to the main lobby of the school and waited for Arian to follow. He did, arriving a few minutes later.

Looking as handsome, and rugged as the first day I saw him, I struggled to pull my eyes and my thoughts away from his sauntering body. Why does he have this effect on me? My palms were literally aching with need to touch him.

That’s a part of the whole mate thing. Kinda make you want him ALL the time. Cam said, snickering.

Shut up. I growled.

Do you not want him for a mate? Cam asked with what might be confused for as concern.

After he finds out what I’ve done, he won’t want to be my mate anyway. I said, darkly.

Oh, that’s bullshit. It was an accident. It’s not like you meant to. Cam snapped.

“Shall we go?” Arian asked me, gesturing to the door.

“Yes.” I said, walking past his outstretched hand.  Aggravation followed me closely behind, and Arian kept stride with my angry pace. I opened the door leading to the concrete stairs, and bit back a gasp as the cold January air hit me in the face like a punch. Clutching my jacket tighter to my body, I walked down the snow free stairs and onto the newly salted sidewalk. Glancing over my shoulder, I noticed Arian was still there and didn’t have a jacket on.

“Where is your coat?” I asked, hearing the concern in my voice.

“I don’t need one. Werewolves run about 100 degrees all year long.” Arian smirked as I growled under my breath.

This is stupid. Here he is, a child of the Moon. He is able to retain body heat. Here I am, daughter of Fire and Brimstone, and I can’t even stand the air conditioner being too high.

“Where are we going, exactly?” Arian asked, his breath causing a puff of smoke to appear from his mouth.

“To the coffee shop around the corner.” I replied, shortly putting my hands in my pockets. Another thing I need from him is the note, I reminded myself firmly.

Am I ready to do this? I asked.

Of course you are. Dom, you need to let someone in. You need to let someone know.

But that’s the thing. I don’t want anyone to ever find out. Ever.

Do it just the same.

Turning the corner of the sidewalk, I managed a few feet before turning to my right and opening the door of the small but nice coffee shop. Picking a seat out in the corner away from the few people in there, I sat down and motioned Arian to set across from me.

He did so, keeping his dark eyes guarded.

Lowering my voice, I asked,” What would you like to know?”

“Exactly what a Cambion is.” Arian rumbled keeping his voice low as well.

I laughed a little. “You couldn’t start with something simple, could you? Cambions are the product of human women and an incubi coupling.” I stated.

Arian looked at me in confusion.

“This is a bit complicated. When Lucifer fell from Heaven and began his reign over Hell, Harpies, Rage Demons, Vampires, Wendigos, Succubus’s, Incubuses and many more demons were set free upon the Earth. Raping as many women as possible, their offspring were grown and were given life.” I said, wincing slightly.

“That doesn’t explain anything. Viktor is a Rage Demon, one of the strongest of his kind. You could have taken him easily with a flick of your wrist. What are you, really? “Arian demanded, his accent becoming more pronounced.

Tell him.

“I am the one and only child of Lucifer.” I said quietly, raising my gaze up to his.