Visions

***

"Georgie, could I talk to you in private for a second?" Alice said from the door as me and Jay sat eating the breakfast that Esme had cooked.

I slowly stood up from my chair and followed my best friend from the room, "What's up?"

Alice waited until we were seated on the stairs to turn to me, "You are going to tell him aren't you??" she asked, making it sound like it was my duty to do so.

"I... Don't know." was all I managed, not making eye contact.

"You have to Georgie." she told me solemnly, "He's your mate, and you can't live without your mate..."

Pulling my knees up to my chest I sighed, "I just don't know whether I can make that decision... I don't know if I can damn him to a life he might not want, but I don't know if I could live forever without him..." I debated quietly.

Alice placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, "Make the decision in your mind and I will search the future for what happens." she suggested.

"Okay..."

I quickly decided I would tell Jay about all of this, and watched Alice's expression become blank as she searched the future...

"What do you see Alice??" I questioned.

There was a moment of silence before she focused on me, "Nothing..." she said, her brow knitting together.

"Nothing?? What does that mean?" I urged with worry clear in my voice.

Alice's golden eyes met mine, "I don't know..." she informed me, trailing off at the end.

My whole world crashed around me as I let her words sink in, "So we can't know either way??" I guessed, feeling defeated.

Alice shook her head gently, "No..."

With a heavy heart I got up from my seat on the stairs and after receiving one last sad look from Alice, I made my way back into the kitchen where Jay was looking at me with concern.

"What's wrong Georgie??" he asked as I took my seat again, my apatite now nonexistent.

"Nothing." I lied unconvincingly.

I knew he didn't believe me but was thankful when he decided to drop it, just comforting me instead...

"Georgie!" Alice called as she skipped back into the room, herself once again.

"Mm?"

There was a moments silence before Jasper appeared behind his wife, "She wants to know whether you and Jay would like to have a picnic with us for lunch?" he finished for Alice as she just stared off into space.

I looked over at Jay who nodded, "Sure."

They both walked out of the room and Jay looked out of the window, "Not really picnic weather, but who am I to complain." he mused as he ate.

And he was right... It was a chilly, overcast day with pale grey clouds covering most of the sky. But there was a reason it had to be this weather... So they didn't start sparkling.

As soon as the clock told us it was midday we were bustled into Emmett's Jeep by Alice, and watched as Jasper loaded a picnic basket into the front with him...

"Where are we going for the picnic??" I wandered aloud once everyone was in the vehicle.

"You'll see!" Alice grinned.

Soon we were speeding down the streets in the back of the Jeep and I looked over at Jay who was holding onto the seat for dear life.

"Are you alright?" I asked him seriously.