Christmas with the Cullen's

***

"MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVE BIRDS!!"

My eyes snapped wide open as mine and Jay's bedroom door was flung open, revealing an excited-looking Emmett...

"Yeah thanks..." I muttered as I raked a hand through my hair, "But I'd rather you didn't give me a heart attack before the end of today."

Jay sat up slowly next to me with a yawn, "Well hurry up! It's been Christmas for a whole eight hours now and I've not been allowed to open my prezzies cos you two have been snoring away!" Emmett complained like a child.

"We'll be right down." Jay told him, amusement in his tone.

He seemed to accept this answer and signalled he'd be coming back if we didn't get a move on, then left us in peace...

"Merry Christmas my love..." my soulmate murmured next to my ear, making me shiver slightly.

"Merry Christmas." I smiled.

This was the first Christmas day id ever spent with this gorgeous person, but it felt like he'd been here my whole life.... It felt right.

Jay slowly got to his feet from our arrangement of pillows and covers, "Come on... We don't want to keep them waiting." he said, holding out a hand.

We were still sleeping on the floor, in a little nest of soft cushions and massive quilts... Carlisle had told us he didn't mind buying us a bed, but when I had shrugged and told him there was no point he had just smirked...

"I suppose..." I sighed as he pulled me up, holding me.

Jay's green eyes locked onto mine for a moment before he pressed his lips to my forehead, "You go ahead... I've got something I need to do." he whispered, eventually letting me go.

I looked at him questioningly, not wanting to leave him. But when he gave me one of those reassuring lopsided smiles I loved so much, I just nodded and exited the room...

"Merry christmas." someone said from behind me.

I turned to see Rosalie smiling as she began walking beside me to the living room, "You too."

Her outfit made me feel very inadequate today... She was dressed in an expensive-looking outfit which complimented her very well, while I was still in my unattractive pyjama bottoms and one of Jay's t-shirts.

"I got you something..." she announced quietly, holding out a small package to me.

Slowly taking it from her, I noticed we were right outside the living room now where everyone else was waiting... When I didn't make a move to open it she raised an eyebrow, still smiling.

"Open it." she urged.

I took the edge of the package, made a tear and proceeded to rip it off until I was left with a small, rectangle-shaped box...

"What is it??" I questioned, staring down at it.

Rosalie shook her head gently, "Open it and find out." she told me.

Lifting the lid off the small box, I literally had to suppress a gasp... Placed carefully on the tiny cushion was a delicate-looking silver chain with a beautiful crimson teardrop on the end...

"Is it--"

"Yes, it's real." she laughed.

My throat closed up as I struggled to find the right words, "Th-Thank you Rosalie... It's-- it's beautiful." I managed.

"Your welcome." she replied, removing the necklace from the box and clipping it carefully around my neck.

After thanking Rosalie one more time we slowly made our way into the living room... A smile instantly found its way into my face when I saw the piles of gifts that were spread throughout the large room, each pile in a different colour...